Part 18

Khushi went to give Mami's meds and see if she needed anything.
Mami noticed Khushi's dull face and thought to enquire about the reason.

Mami : Ka baat hai Khushi bitiya? Tumhare chehra itni utre kyun hai? Arshi bityaan abhi London se aayi hai aur tum khush nahi lag rahi! (What's the matter Khushi dear? Why is your face so dull? Arshi came from London and you don't look happy!)

Khushi : Iss liye parheshaan hoon Nani! Voh aayi toh thi, leken yeh pehle wali Arshi nahi hai mamiji.
Voh badaal gayi. (That's why I'm worried mamiji! Yes she came back but she's not like the Arshi we knew earlier! She has changed!)

With that Khushi rested her head on mami's lap and confessed her feelings.

Khushi : I don't know what to do mamii! She seems so aloof.

Mami : Agar tum bhool rahi ho, toh humara chotte bhi aisi thi. Aur jis insaan unke andhare duniya mein roshni lane wali thi voh aur kohi nahi palki tum thi!
Aur Arshi tum dono ki beti ho! DeviMaya sab kuch theek kar dengi. (If you're forgetting than Arnav was just the same. And the person who brought light into his dark world was no one but you. And she's your daughter! Devimaya will set everything right!)

Sometime later...

Arshi was driving back home with the conversation Anjali had with Karan still lingering on her mind.

Flashback :

Arshi was about to descend the stairs as she was already late to go to office, but halted in her steps when she overheard the conversation between Anjali and Karan.

Karan : Anjali waisa tum samajh rahi ho aisa kuch bhi nahi hai! Aur baat Arshi ki hai! ( it's nothing like it seems! And it's Arshi we are talking about!)

Anjali : Baat Sirf Arshi ki nahi hai Karan, palki unn charo (referring to Ayaksh, Pari, Palak & Vihaan) ka bhi hai! Voh bhi thoot gayi jab voh jaan gaya ki Aarav unka saage bhai nahi hai. Agar chaati thi toh voh bhi aapne zimidaari se bhaag thi par voh aisa nahi kiya! Aur jab waqt aayi Arshi, unka zimidaari nibaane ke liye voh bhaag gayi! Sirf sach se nahi bhaagi leken unke parents se bhi, iss parivaar se! Aarav, Raizada khoon nahi hai, leken Arshi khoon hoke bhi, hum sab kuch maine nahi rakti unke liye! Mere chotte ne bahaut kuch sehna para unke bachpaan mein, sochti thi agar voh baas jaye toh kohi toh hogi unke sambaal ne ke liye. Haan Khushi thi waha par! Haar khadaam! Haar mor par! Paar voh bhi kisi ka saath ki zaroorat hai, now that Arnav is not in that state for her to confide in.
(It's not only about Arshi, Karan. It's also about the other 4. They must of also been broken to learn  that Aarav is not their blood. And if they wanted they also could of ran away from their responsibilities, but they didn't! And when it was time for Arshi to fulfill hers she ran away! she didn't just run away from the truth, but from her parents and her family. Aarav is not our blood, but even after being our blood, Arshi doesn't feel anything for us! My Arnav had to go through a lot in his childhood! I thought if he settles down, then maybe there would be someone who can take care of him! Yes! Khushi was there...At every step, every path. But she also needs someone now that...)

Karan : Aur tum soch thi ho ki yeh khayal Arshi ki maan mein nahi aaya! Voh bhi dard mehoos karni hogi, Aarav ka sach ka dard, Pyaar khone ka dard! (And you think this thoughts have not occurred to Arshi! She must be in so much pain, the pain of Aarav's truth! The pain of losing her love!)

Anjali : No pain is bigger than the love you possess for your family. She just abandoned us, that too for what? For not attaining love,  or was she unable to face the truth! She's nothing but a coward.

Karan found that he was fighting a lost battle. Yes! Anjali was right in her perspective but you can't detest Arshi either. He was also aware that Arshi was not so weak to lament over love. There is more to it, then what is being shown. If only he could know. If only he could protect his family.

Flashback ends.

Arshi : Aap galat nahi hai bua! Bas mein... (You're not wrong Aunt! Just that I...)

With that she drove through the gates of Shantivan and made for the entrance. She chose to lighten up her mood because if she was going to convey her parents' past to her father, then it most certainly will not be with a dull mood. After all their memories are meant to be cherished with a smile and open heart.

Arshi entered RM, which caught her mother's attention.

Khushi : You came back early today!

Arshi : Haan mom, dad pick up karni ke liye aayi thi mein. (Yes mom, I came to pick up dad.)

Khushi : Leken...

Arshi : Don't worry mom I'll manage.

With that she set off with her father to their place of solace.

At the farmhouse...

Arnav : When you told me our (referring to Khushi and him) first meeting, I didn't know what to think. I mean I just can't picture myself doing that. Not that I don't believe you but it's just hard to fathom. I behaved so inhumanely with her back then, then how on earth did we end up here today? With two children? Being a family? And by the way how do you know our story?!

Arshi : Aap aur mom ne mujhe bataya! (Mom and you told me!)

Arnav : What the!

Arshi : Exactly! Mera reaction  bhi yehi thi! But of course I didn't say what the. In fact mom was against the idea of you telling me about it. But no one can change your mind once it has been made up, now can they? (Arnav chuckled at that) You wanted me to love for what you are. You wanted me to know what you were to what you have become! And if you thought that it would make my love or respect for you lessen then you were so wrong because it only increased it. I really marvel your honesty.

Arnav : How on earth did she tolerate all that?

Arshi : Well it's not like she remained quiet. She gave it back to you.

Arnav : Nowadays, she doesn't even do that! I'm the one suffering from memory loss but she's the one who remains aloof.
Imagine what she must be going through right now, knowing that I'm oblivious to everything. Damn!
How did I end up like this Arshi?

Arshi's face paled. How is she to tell him that he is in this state because of Her!
She closed her eyes, as if the incident was happening right in front of her. Arnav saw this and chose to change the topic.

Arnav : Anyways leave it...

Arshi : No you've the right to know! I'll tell you dad! Anyways it's what I'm here for. For you! To answer all your questions.

To be continued...

Please don't vote & comment.