Chapter 24: Christmas Eve

It's Christmas eve and the crew is vying back to Dehli. Stella was being annoying but I convinced her to come along with Priyank. I even asked Divyanka and Abhishek to join us. The more the merrier definitely applied to Christmas holidays. Home is where I want to spend the rest of this long holiday with my family and friends. It's been overly long that there's no party at home.

I phoned mom earlier to tell her that she should leave no stone unturned for tomorrow because it's going to be the best Christmas ever! Bringing Natasha and Nikhil home is my triumph card and our happiness will definitely return. In all this, Mahir will even become part of our family and he'll call us his own. My cousins are definitely going to get along with him.

Aasha: Rita is home!!!

Ritasha: Mamma, I missed you. But now I'm here to spend the whole holiday!!

Aasha: I'm so happy!! Hi, Mahir. Nice to see you again.

Mahir: Nice to see you too, mamma.

She gives us a hug letting us in.

Ritasha: And we've got guests!!

Aasha: Oh my God! Stella!! I'm seeing you after ages, my dear.

I introduced all the guests and dad arrived just in time for the surprise. Mom ignores him and in turn he ignores Mahir.

Ritasha: Mamma, dad...I have a surprise for you guys.

I signaled for Natasha and Nikhil to enter. Natasha was scared but I had to make sure she come inside. Finally, they came in and stood at the doorway.

Ritasha: It's Natasha Di.

They were surprised to the core and also kind of confused.

Ritwik: Rita!! Who the hell is this?! And why have you brought them here!?

Natasha begins to speak but I cut her off.

Ritasha: Dad, it's your daughter. Natasha Sharma. And your grandson, Nikhil.

Aasha: Natasha!?

Natasha: Yes mamma...it's me.

Aasha: Oh my baby!!

Mom dives towards her giving her a long hug with tears in her eyes. Mom is so emotional.

Natasha: I missed you guys so much. I want to apologize for leaving home like that. Dad, please forgive me.

Aasha: Baby, you don't have to worry about him anymore. While we on this topic of family, Ritwik I can't be with you anymore. If you can't respect my daughters' decisions or me...it's time I leave.

Ritasha: Mamma, are you serious? No!! This can't happen...what-

Natasha: I should leave.

Ritasha: No, Di! What are you guys doing? Can't we forget the past and move on?

Aasha: Your father is a difficult man, Rita. And I can't handle it any longer.

I've never seen dad so silent. I wonder what he was thinking about. I thought he'd atleast say something.

Aasha: I should've told you we're going to Sargun Ma's house. I don't want to spend Christmas or New years Eve here.

I couldn't hold back my tears this time. My family is actually breaking apart.

Ritasha: Dad...please say something!!! Say that we can start over, trust me we'll be happy again!! You can't turn your back on Nats, she's went through so much. Atleast consider Nikhil, he's your grandchild!!!