Chapter 27: Graduation Party

"Congratulations, bestie!!!" Stella throws her arms around me in a tight hug

"You too!!" I tell her, smiling so much until....I saw Mahir show up. "Omg, Stel!!"

"What?"

"Look!" I told her signaling to where he was.

"Don't worry. He must be here for some formality crap of RoseWood."

Just when I was about to believe her Mahir's voice echoed through the hall.

"May I have everyone's attention, please??" He says.

"Do we really have to stay for this nonsense?? Let's go party." I told Stella dragging her out.

"Ritasha Sharma!!" I hear my name being called and I stop. Oh, no...what's he doing? "That's right everyone...I know you guys aren't shocked about this at all." What the fuck is he saying?? "There's no doubt that Ritasha Sharma is being crowned Miss Popular for the 3rd time in a row. So can I please have you up here, Ms Sharma??"

The crowd erupts in applause and whistles. God, can I even escape? Stella tells me I should go on. I took to the stage again trying to avoid eye contact with Mahir as much as possible. Mom and Natasha looked at me as if I knew what was going on.

Mahir actually crowned me. I was so confused. He should be with Divyanka, getting married but he's here so happy to crown me Miss Popular....something's amiss!!!

I try whispering to him. "What you're doing here, Mahir?"

"Can we talk once we get off stage?" Really, what's there left to talk about!!!

We went outside and spoke in the beautiful garden.

"Now do I have to ask or will you get to the point and not waste my time!!!" I snapped at him for taking so long to start talking.

"I couldn't do it...."

"Couldn't do what?"

"I couldn't marry Divyanka. The thing is...she and Abhi got married to try and stop us from getting entangled in the situation."

"So??"

"So it turns out that...We were so stupid the whole time. A clause in the contract stated that if Divyanka got married to someone else, that person would claim the charity money. So atleast that's gone to a good place. Abhishek is family after all."

"And your maternal home?" The question scared me.

"I'll have to work for the charity company for 3 years to acquire it which I have no problem with doing."

"All this information was only given once Divyanka actually married Abhishek??"

"Unfortunately, yes. If they hadn't taken the risk, it probably wouldn't have went down well. And to top it off she's pregnant so she presented the pregnancy report which stated that it's Abhi's child."

"Oh Mahir...So much happened and I didn't even bother to check up. I feel so stupid!!" I wanted to cry but then he stepped forward taking in my hand.

"Ritasha...It's okay. The most important thing is that now we get to be together, without anything in our way. We can do whatever we want, wherever we want we're free..." He said pulling me into his arms and I couldn't help but let tears of joy flow. Everyone started to look at us and Mahir did the best thing ever. "I LOVE YOU RITASHA SHARMA!!!" He shouted and then kissed me. How much I've longed for his lips against mine!!

Some people were shocked, some people smiled, some people even applauded...My family offcourse. Even Uncle Karan. I think dad spoke to him about it. And I run back to hug my family for being there for me as always.