-The goodbye- (not the end)

I placed the boxes that were filled with my crafts and potions in the back of my range rover as Elijah helped me while Niklaus stood watching us.

"What is going on here? And whose car is this?" Rebecca said as she and Marcel entered the main hall.

"Mine, and i'm leaving" I said as i lifted another box and placed it on top of another.

"Why?" She asked as she narrowed her eyebrows at me.

"Are those her crafts?" Marcel asked as he looked at Niklaus.

"Little Aqua has got some matters that needs to be done with her dead father, so she offered to leave to do it on her own, and i gladly accepted" Niklaus said as he walked over to Rebecca with a smile.

"This is Madness. She could get killed." Rebecca raised her voice at Niklaus.

"Save it sister, they have already made their minds" Elijah said as he handed me the last box while looking in my eyes.

I hated to hear those words come out of his mouth that way.

It's not like i have a choice, really...

"Well, we can't just let her go like that, Elijah" She foght back again.

"Rebecca, i have to do this on my own" I said as i looked at her.

"Let us help you" She responded.

"No. I don't know what will happen in the process of it. Please, just let me be" I said, walking over to her.

I pulled her in a tight hug as she hugged me back.

"Thank you for everything" i said in her ear as she smiled.

"We will be one call away, love" she said after we pulled away.

I glanced at Marcel then turned around and walked over to Niklaus.

"Even though we haven't been on the greatest terms like..ever really. I still enjoyed all of our fights and skirmishes. But i hope i never see you again, asshole" i said as i smirked on my last few lines.

"I hope you have a lovely trip to your inevitable death, little witch" He responded with a smile as he leaned against the wall.

I walked over to Elijah who was standing in front of my closed trunk.

"I guess this is goodbye then" I said as i placed my hands in my pockets.

"I will drive you" He said before he walked and opened the driver's door and got in my car.

"I guess not then" i said to myself before walking over to the passenger's seat and getting in.

We drove in silence till we reached a huge sign that said, "Welcome to New Orleans" that was when he stopped the car.

I took a deep breath in, as i thought that this time this was goodbye, and oh god how much i hate goodbyes.

"You still have time to rethink about your decision." He said as he looked at the steering wheel.

"I don't have any other choice. For the sake and safety of everyone around me, i have to do this" i responded coldly as i fiddled with my white shirt.

"Where will you go?" He asked, his gaze still fixed on the steering wheel.

"I can't tell you. That way you will find me" i responded with a gentle smile as i looked at him.

"What makes you think i'll ever search for you?" He asked as he looked at me. His face lighting up with a bright smile.

"My little witch bird can predict the future, and it says you will" I said as i chuckled making him chuckle himself.

"Tell your witch bird she is mistaken this time" he said before opening the door and getting out of the car.

I opened mine and stepped out, then walked over to the other side where he was standing.

His navy blue suit was breathtaking, his eyes sparkled as the sunlight fell on his handsome, freshly shaved face.

"Take care of yourself" he said making me snap back into reality.

"I will try, but i can't promise anything though. You never know when you will get caught into witchy, vampiry stuff, you know" i responded as i smiled at him.

I felt really bad for leaving them behind, but i had to.

The pain in my chest kept on growing more with each second that passed.

I keep on trying to keep up the mood but it's hard.

I don't even know why am i so attached to them...maybe i'm just attached to him..

I tip toed and pulled him in a hug and then realized what i'd done.

He placed his left hand on my head, and his right arm over my back.

I pulled back quickly, looking deeply in his eyes.

"I will see you soon" he said announcing that our time was up.

"I hope not, for your safety." I responded then opened the driver's seat door.

I got in and closed the door as i started the engine.

I glanced over at him one last time as his gaze was fixed on me.

I pushed the gas pedal and drove away from New Orleans.

I turned up the radio to maximum volume just to distract myself from thinking about the Mikaelsons.

I drove to the airport and booked the first flight to New York.

I finally had some time alone as i waited for my flight to be announced.

But the thoughts in my head wouldn't stop nagging me.

So i gave up and surrendered to them at the end, letting them crowd my mind with their loud voices.