Chapter 6

"Yo, Kaylie." Raph poked his head into the living room and I looked up. "Donnie wants you in his lab A.S.A.P."
"'Kay." I put down my controller and stood up. I turned to see Leo and Mikey looking at me with saddened faces. I gave then a small smile.
"I'll see you two in training." I poked Leo's nose, getting a little chuckle out of him. Then I made my way to Donnie's amazing science lab. I knocked on the open door.
"You wanted to see me, doctor?" I asked, trying to create a dramatic moment. Donnie rolled his eyes and gestured to an examining table in the far right corner of the room. I sat on it.
"You're sure you're comfortable with this?" He asked as he prepared to...look at my wound. I shook my head, my face flaming.
"But, you're gonna do it anyway so...let's get this over with." I said. Donnie was blushing too, maybe even more than I was as he lifted the rim of my shorts and unwrapped the bandages on my thigh. The wound was gone. There wasn't even a scar. I stared at it. Then I reached up and unwrapped the bandage around my head. I guided Donnie's hand to the spot where it was hit. Not even a scratch.
"B-but how is that possible?" Don stammered, confused.
"I don't know..." I whispered. Donnie stared at me.
"What's going on?" Leo's voice came from behind Don. I looked at him with wide eyes. He immediately ran to my side and put an arm across my shoulders. I blushed and hid my face in his chest.
"What's wrong with me?" I murmured.
"There's nothing wrong with you, Kaylie." Donnie said. I looked at him. He seemed serious.
"What are you guys talking about?" Leo asked.
"Remember her wounds?" Don asked.
"Duh." Leo responded.
"They're gone."
Leo was silent.
"You think I'm a freak." I got down from the table and turned my back on them, hugging myself.
"Oh, come on, I do not!" Leo put a hand on my shoulder. "I think it's awesome."
"Awesome?"
"Yes. This is a gift that can be really useful." Leo smiled.
"That's not all I can do." I whispered.
"Huh?" Leo and Donnie questioned in unison.
I smiled at them, no longer worried or self-conscious. "I'll explain later. C'mon we're already late for training."