Chapter 13

Everything just went so fast. The girls charged at Leo and Raph, showing an amazing display of ninjutsu skills. The other two Turtles went to work on the soldiers, but no matter how many they put down, more and more kept coming. And here I was, Kodachi blade unsheathed, standing in a fighter's stance with wide eyes and not moving. If there's one thing I hate, it's looking like a total idiot. I jumped into battle.

Purple-curls yelped when my sword locked with hers. While she was distracted, I kneed her in the stomach and swept her legs out from under her. Behind me, I heard Leo snap at me, something about "are you crazy" and "get behind me". I barely heard him over the rush of blood in my ears. Adrenaline pumped through my veins as the black-haired girl charged at me, sai raised. Wait a minute, SAI!? I whipped around to see Raph on the ground, Donnie crouched beside him and checking his pulse. No.

I met the girl's charge without even turning around, blocking Raph's weapons with my own.

"How DARE you hurt my friends?" I growled. I spun around quickly and kicked the girl in the face, causing Raph's weapons to clatter to the ground. I sheathed my Kodachi and picked up the sai. Twirling them between my fingers, I turned my sights on both wounded girls. I charged at them.

Instead of meeting my charge, they sidestepped, but I anticipated that. I changed direction and began battling the purple-haired one. Her red eyes were wide, but she fought back. I directed blows with the sai at her head, midsection, and shoulders, and she blocked every one of them. Our weapons locked again, but this time, I kicked the sword out of her hands, then kicked her. She slammed into a water tower.

Suddenly I felt an electrical shock travel through my body. I collapsed, gasping and trying to dislodge the tazer. Before I blacked out, I saw each Turtle being tazed one by one. I reached out to Leo and whispered his name.

Everything went black.