Chapter 11

{Deep in New York City}

Two girls approached their master, crouching down on one knee in unison and calling their master by name.

"I expect my two greatest pupils have kept their promise." A deep voice said from its place on a throne.

"Of course," the first girl replied, black hair falling in her face. "The Turtles and their new little...playmate," she spat out the last word, as if disgusted by its name. "Have been spotted close to our territory. My troops are awaiting their arrival as we speak."

"And when they do arrive," the second girl chimed in. "It will be goodbye Turtles forever!"

"We do suspect you have kept your end of the bargain?" The first girl snapped, flashing her sharp white canines.

"You will get your reward when the Turtles are finished and Splinter is found." Their master spat, growing impatient with these girls. "Ashen," the first girl perked up at the sound of her name, looking at her master curiously. "I'm putting you in charge."

Ashen smirked at her sister, who growled at her.

"Twilight!" The voice snapped. "I expect you to follow Ashen's every command. We wouldn't want to fail this time...would we?"

Twilight shook her head no, purple curls bouncing.

"Good. Now go! And do not return unless you have Splinter at a knife point. Is that understood?"

Both girls lowered their eyes and nodded. "Yes, Master Shredder."