17

Forward, backwards, forwards, backwards

Forward, backwards, forwards, backwards...my eyes follow my dangling legs as I swing them back and forth like a pendulum from my place on top of the metal table inside of the abandoned junkyard. Marcos' voice, causes me to look up from my feet and toward the rest of the group. He's currently mid-speech about the Inner Circle. Ever since he came home with that burnt arm, he's been different. More serious. But I guess if I was only allowed to see my kid for 10 minutes before having them ripped from my arms, I'd be a little pissed off too. 
"You guys need to understand what we're up against here. It's not just the Frosts. This woman, Reeva, she's...she's powerful. I mean she's got a hold on Andy and Lorna that's greater than anything I thought possible."

"Andy's 15. She's probably giving him whatever he wants. Of course he's caught up in this." Cait contradicts, continuing to act as if Andy was somehow forced to leave.

"Caitlin, I saw him. I talked to him. I'm telling you, he's a believer." Marcos shakes his head. "And with Lorna, she, uh...she looked me in the eyes, and she told me she loved me,  and that whatever they're doing matters more."

"Then we need to find out what that is." Cait adds.

"How? We've been following them for six months, and all we know is they're well hidden and well funded." Reed questions from over by the window.

"Well, we also know that they like destroying stuff and killing people." Clarice shrugs.

"But we can't just sit on our hands waiting for them to make a move." Cait says, and no one really has a response except for Marcos.

"She's right. We know they were hacking into data cables. Maybe we can go to Wire. See if he can— I don't know— hack the system, find out for us." Marcos suggests, referencing the same kick addict who gave us the flash drive a few weeks ago.

"He nearly killed you and my mom." Lauren says, as if Marcos wasn't already aware of this.

"Yeah. I mean, last time I checked, he hates you. You really think he's gonna cooperate?" Clarice asks.

"Well if he doesn't, we'll have to find a way to make him." Cait says, and I'm about ninety five percent sure she's suggesting torture.

"Okay, that's dark."

"If anyone has a better idea, I'd love to hear it." Marcos stands up from his place in the arm chair, before looking around at the six of us.

"Fine." I sigh, just really hoping this works out and we can get Lorna and Andy back for good.

After parking the truck, Clarice, John, Marcos, and I head towards Wire's building. All things Considered, especially this sketchy neighborhood, along with not knowing where to go, Clarice, John, and I decide to let Marcos lead the way.