Chapter One - Prolog

"I looked up and found your smiling face in the shadow smiling back at me, I know you can't see me now, but I do see you, and I know we were destined to be together, even though the world is big, wherever I go, I could always see you."

Suddenly the honking sound destroyed his imagination, only a millimeter away, an MRT train had just passed Krist's face at the rate and disappeared. He stood right in the yellow line, not moving, only blinking his eyes momentarily in confusion, suddenly a man shouted at him.

"You're lucky bastard, you could just end up at the next station in a ground meat form, a while ago!"

Krist turned his head towards the voice and was about to reply, but suddenly the fastening chain of a billboard near the pillar broke, so the board swung freely, everyone in the line squatted reflexively, except for the person who had just spoken to Krist. The board hit the back of his head very hard, and his body fell straight to the floor.

His body and mouth shivered and his eyes were wide open staring straight at Krist, fresh blood flowing out from his broken skull. Meanwhile, the killer board still moves freely and swings proudly above it. Everyone who witnessed it just now started screaming in panic. Leaving Krist alone who was still frozen in his position.

Krist was stunned instantly and slowly extended his hand toward the injured man on the floor. Suddenly another hand grabbed his wrist and stopped him to get closer.

"You can't return the life that been taken to replace yours, it's too late for that!"

Krist's hand stopped instantly, he reached for the air and slowly clenched it into a fist, and then he ran out of the station, leaving the dying guy alone, in pain and despair. Not long after that security officers came to secure the area and tried to give help at the last second before the poor man breathed his last breath.

Krist ran with a small step under the drizzling rain, down to the alley after leaving the subway station, he did not believe that someone died in his place again so many times. He doesn't want to live a life like this, living by stealing the lives of others, he feels damned, and this is terrible.

However, humans basically continue to be born and die in the circle of life, hundreds and thousands of souls come and go every second, every minute, following the rules of natural law, no one suspects what happened, and no one protests, because everything seemed like an accident.

He arrived at the place he called home at 2:00 a.m., carefully walked in, and headed straight for his small closet in the back, lightly closing the door, staring listlessly at the 2x3 meter square room.

There is a thin futon in front of the small and only ventilation in the room, beside it there is a small clean wooden table, some boxes, and unused stuff neatly placed in the corner opposite of it. The only lighting in the room is a small yellow light bulb in the corner.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A few years ago.....

"P'Krist, your house is so gorgeous..." said a woman who curled around Krist's arm.

"So, you like my house, not me?"

"I just complimented your house, why would you compare yourself to a house?" she frowned. "Ridiculous!"

"They say, a woman's heart and mind don't sync, meaning you are the most dishonest creature in the world..."

"Oh you think it like that?" she laughed and freed herself. "But, do you know...a man is the most foolish creature in this world, you clearly have seen our tails, yet you still get yourself into a trap!"