Chapter Thirteen - Another Bad Day

Wan asked Singto to deliver a folder containing important documents to the finance department, when he arrived at the door suddenly an office boy carrying a pile of photocopy paper ran in a hurry and accidentally bumped into him, and both fell along with the paper that flew to all directions and scattered on the floor

Singto sighed and helped pick up all the paper. After the office boy left, he realized that the folder in his hand was empty and he suspected the document had fallen out and mixed with the paper a while ago.

Singto panicked but he doesn't have a choice but return to the office and report to Wan about what happened.

"How come you so careless? Do you know how important the document is? How can you lose it? That is the original contract agreement and cheque, that's why I trust the task to you." The girl shouts at him. "I can't believe this! You'll get me fired!"

"I'll be responsible for this and tell Mr. Kevin."

The woman grinned. "Oh, I forget that P'Kevin doesn't mind any of your mistakes...he sure will easily forgive you." She sneered. "You just need to...seduce him a little...touch him here and there...or maybe you can just offer to sleep with him..."

Singto glared at her immediately.

"What do you want?"

"Me?" She grinned. "Didn't I say it very clearly?"

"I think you get it wrong."

The girl laughed. "So, why do you choose to stay on the predator's side since you know he looks at you as his prey? As if you give yourself a treat, yet play hard to get, isn't that ridiculous?"

"Because I need the job..." said Singto briefly.

"You expect me to believe that?"

Singto was lazy to respond to her.

Wan laughed and continue. "If you only need the job, I could help you to get another job, with a better salary, what do you say?"

"I'll consider it..."

Suddenly the phone on his desk is ringing, and it calls from the GM office. Singto shortly knows what to do, he presses the button to cut the line and heads to Kevin's office. Wan looks unhappy while looking at his back until disappeared behind the door.

Meanwhile inside the office...

"Sit down, let's have tea together..." Kevin invited him to sit, at the tea table near the window. He then poured the tea into two cups in front of him then took one cup and sipped it.

Singto freeze for a moment and sighed before taking a seat, since he had no choice, he could not stop moving his eyes and thought about reporting the loss of documents.

Kevin is still busy with his teacup, he blows it a few times and takes another sip, then slowly puts down the teacup and speaks.

"Relax! Let's talk just like an old friend, shall we?"

Singto suddenly stops and looks straightly at Kevin.

"Before that, I...have a report...." Singto finally opens his mouth to speak.

"Alright say it!"

"I lost the contract agreement and cheque this morning, I'm ready for any penalty."

Kevin look at him seriously and replied. "Alright, you're fired!"

Singto widened his eyes in surprise.

"Except, you promised that you will not leave me anymore," Kevin added.

"What do you mean?"

Kevin turn on his Ipad and show something to Singto. A newspaper clip in 1995 is written about a man who committed suicide by jumping off of a museum building.