Chapter Twenty One - Live or Dead

Ten minutes ago.....

Singto quickly heads to the washroom from the backyard to wash his hand before going back to Kevin's room. He rinses his wound under the cold water and hisses for seconds, the cut is quite deep than it looks. Suddenly someone talking to him from the mirror.

"Try to heal it using the ring power!"

"Don't overdo it, this is only a small cut!" said Singto. "Don't teach me how to use it!"

Singto closes the water tap and dries his hand using the toilet paper and ignores Prea.

"So, you never use it? I don't believe it!"

"As you said it belongs to the Death, so it must be dangerous, I won't take a risk!"

"Do you ever think that maybe the power of the ring could destroy the sigil?" asked Prea. "I remember Krist has never had a problem staying in this house before until he gave the ring to you, then he kind of lose his power or something..."

Hear of it, Singto suddenly stops what he was doing, then took out the ring from his pocket trying to read the tiny symbol carved on it, he found that the tree arrow seems moving like the clock's needle.

"What was all of this symbol about? How does it work?"

"I don't know, still figure it out."

Suddenly a spirit appear from the side and startled him, Singto shortly turned around and the ring on his hand drop into the sink.

"You should have died..." the spirit growls at him and come closer.

"Stay away! What do you want?!" Singto swallowed his saliva while glancing at the sink thinking about grabbing the ring.

"I need to get out, I want to see my family...my daughter is waiting for me, let me get out!!!" he screamed in front of Singto's face. Singto was shocked, his face become pale and his body nerve become tense, the spirit move around crazy, then approached him again, this time it was like a strike to him.

Suddenly Prea take over Singto's body for a second, he quickly grabbed the ring, wear it then pointed it towards the spirit, suddenly the poor spirit screamed before turning into pyreflies and disappearing before his eyes.

"What did you do?! How dare you!!" protest Singto to regain his consciousness back. "I'll force to expel you out of my body if you do it again!"

"As I've been expected..."

"What?!"

"That birthmark of yours..."

Singto touches his chest.

"I think, you've become the Death now...."

"Haha...that's funny, how is that possible..." Singto doesn't believe it. "It must be something to do with the ring..."

"I thought about it once, I tried to use it to enter the house, but...it doesn't work..." said Prea. "I guessed, probably only the Death who can work with this thing!"

"Well, I'm not The Death! Maybe I shall give it back to Krist!"

"No, you can't!"

"Why?"

Suddenly Singto feels pain in his chest, like a burning kind of feeling, his body trembling and short of breath because of pain, after a while, he falls unconscious on the floor. A second later, he suddenly opens his eyes as Prea takes over his body.