Chapter Seventeen - Awakening

Kevin booked a private room in a restaurant just for the two of them at one of the five-star hotels, he also order a lot of food to fill the table.

"Don't you think this is a waste the money?"

"If for you is worthy to waste the money, because you're special." He flirts. "Don't worry about money, let's enjoy our dates, shall we?"

"Shall we invite those homeless outside to join us here?" Singto suggest. "I don't like to waste the food."

"Good idea, so they can be our witness today!"

"Witness?"

"Well, I don't have a ring now, but we don't need it because you just need to say yes, and we'll buy the ring after that, what do you say?" said Kevin and suddenly hold Singto's hand on the table.

Singto quickly pulled his hand and accidentally nudged the wine glass on the table, fortunately, he managed to hold it in time but a portion of wine spilled out to the table, also Kevin's hand and sleeves

Singto glares at him immediately and quickly takes the napkin to clean the guy's sleeve and table.

"Let's eat and back to the office, I'll prepare the new suit for you, you can change it after we go back to the office." He speaks while kept wiping. "I just remember that you still have to attend an important meeting this evening."

"I'm not worrying if you're going to say no since you're unofficially like my wife now..." Kevin jokes and took a drink.

"I thought we came here to talk..." Singto tries to remind him.

"Of course, aren't we talking now? Let's enjoy the time together, shall we?" Kevin teased him again. "I never lie to you, but you seem so impatience..." he sighed.

"I'm sorry, I just..."

"I understand! Alright, let's get serious..." cut Kevin, he then takes out his iPad and shows an old picture of a man wearing a 40s outfit.

"Krist?!" Singto exclaimed in surprise.

"Nope, his name is Peerawat Sangpotirat...born in 1922, he is my grandpa's eldest brother."

"What?!"

"Krist's middle name was named after him by my grandfather...because..."

Singto is waiting in curious, Kevin sighed for a while and continue.

"Because they got exactly the same birthmark on the chest that reminds him of his brother..."

Singto's eyes widened in disbelief.

"From my grandpa's story, his brother suffers from schizophrenia, like have a hallucination of seeing ghosts and even talking to them."

"Maybe he really saw them..."

"No one knows, but one thing in common, he also has a cursed like Krist, an accident happened wherever he was, then rumors spread and said that he's might be being possessed by a bad spirit so his family took him to church to get exorcised...however, the father who exorcised died suddenly because heart attack before he starts..."

"Then what happened?"

"Later he been sent to an asylum for experiment purpose, and his family tried to hide it so they bought an asylum and planned to imprison him there for life..."

"Asylum?!" Singto exclaimed again. "Did he die in a fire incident?"

Kevin frowned by looking at him straight. "So you know about the fire incident?"

"I met a survivor who was also one of the patients of the asylum, unfortunately, he also has died in an accident not long ago after told us his testimony..." Singto feels regret.