Chapter Sixteen - The Other Soul

Singto come as early as usual, he arrived at the parking lot and saw a flash of shadow around, a girl wearing a patient outfit standing at the corner for a moment then disappear. He got goosebumps all of a sudden and quickly run inside the building to get the elevator.

When the elevator door opened he glimpsed a pair of legs without bodies but then disappeared after the door was fully opened, Singto swallowed his saliva and froze in place. The elevator door was almost closed and he saw a doctor with a creepy appearance slowly flying towards him from the left side, Singto's eyes widened, and he shortly held the door before its closing and quickly get in. He pressed the button to close the door trembling and sweating.

Suddenly a hand holds the door that was almost closing, Singto jumped in surprised, and fell backward to the floor.

"P'Sing?" Krist greets him and quickly helps him to stand up. "Did you just see a ghost?"

"H-how do you know?"

"So you say I'm a ghost?"

"No, I'm serious! Sometimes I could see them, but not as real as now...I think my ability gets stronger now." Singto swallowed his saliva again then stuck his head out to look around the elevator hall in nervousness. Krist shortly pushed him out and dragged him to take the stairs instead.

"You need to do exercise in the morning, so you won't have hallucinations!" he told the guy.

"You don't believe me, do you?" Singto glared at him. "When you told me about your vision, I...."

"I believe you!" cut Krist. "That's why I ask you to take the stairs instead since you said the elevator might be haunted, I don't want to experience being trapped inside the elevator along with the invisible creature inside."

"At least, if we saw something in this place we could run upstairs or downstairs to escape..." he add.

Singto nod and agree. "But, I'm curious of one thing..." he raises a curiosity. "Why do I only see a patient and doctor spirit in this place?"

"Do you forget? This place was asylum before it burned down."

"I didn't forget that." Singto sighed. "I wonder what happened, why doesn't anyone try to save themselves and get out of the building?"

"Maybe they were late when they realized there was a fire and were trapped, besides that there was no information or witnesses about what happened at that time, how to investigate it?" asked Krist.

"Your family might know something because Sangpotirat owns this place..." Singto was silent at once. "Sorry..." He soon feels regret.

Krist is thinking for a while and replies. "I understand what you mean, I'll help you."

"What?"

"P'Kevin keeps the whole company archive and documents in my grandpa's former study room in his room. Maybe we can find something if we look for it, to get the asylum data and information."

"I bet, he won't let you rummage his room."

"Maybe I'm not, but you must have a chance."

"Me? What do you want me to do?"

"Don't you want to know about the past? I've told you where to begin, and next think about the move to achieve your goal! Should I teach you how to let P'Kevin invite you to his room?"

"Even though I get into his room, do you think he will let me search for his room? Say it he let me, how do I know where to search and what to find?"

Krist thinks for a while and replies. "You get the point. You won't find it in hours or even overnight, sure there are many dusty unused objects inside since it been passed from generation after generation..." said Krist. "After my grandpa passed away, P'Kevin volunteered to occupy the room because he said he missed grandpa so much."