Chapter ten - First Kiss

November 1957

"P'Pee you should eat something...."

The youngest brother slowly put the food tray on the table and his eyes caught on something on the floor. He then crouches down to pick up a canvas size painting from the floor and look at it.

"Who is this?"

"............................................"

"Wait, is this the man without face you have always been drawing all this time? Do you know him?"

The eldest brother finally show little response, he slightly turned his head toward his brother.

"He appeared in my dream but I can't remember his face until yesterday...the only thing I do remember is...I want to look for him...but I can't leave this house...my soul was trapped in this house...I can't get out..."

"Have you ever seen him? What do you remember?" His younger brother was curious. "Why are you looking for him?"

"I can't tell you the reason..."

Look, now we are alone in this house! Everyone is afraid of you ... they think you are carrying a curse ... "he then rolled up the painting. "But, I don't think you are, because we are family..."

"I'm not! I never was part of this family..."

"What are you talking about?"

"It is me who killed your mom, and those people...."

"What do you mean?"

"Because that's what I do."

January 1959

"I brought your medicine."

"Thank you."

The youngest brother put the medicine and water on the table. "Please, sleep early, and wish you have a good dream..." he was about to leave.

Without waiting for a long time the oldest brother immediately took medicine without taking a sip of water.

"Congratulations to your first born son, I wish I could see him learning to walk or talk...if you give me a chance..." said the oldest brother before the door closed. "Thank you for accepting me all this time..."

The younger brother was shocked and frozen in his place while glaring straight at his brother.

"You know it?!" he stammered. "B-but....why you..."

"I won't blame you..." the elder brother smiled bitterly. "Promise me one thing, please find him for me, and bring him back to this house...I need to see him again...before my soul disappears..."

"Phi, I'm sorry...I didn't mean to do this...but I'm scared...." The younger brother kneels on the floor and regrets it. "I can't let something happen to my family...I have no other choice..."

"I understand...don't worry, we'll see again..."

------------------------------------------------------------------

Krist sat in front of his notebook and did nothing, he had entered all the keywords to find an article about the incident of the Asylum fire that had happened in Nan 50 years ago but the result was zero, even the last witness had gone. He was stressed and curious about the sightings he saw at the temple.

"Krist, are you alright?" Stella comes in and offers him a cup of coffee.

Krist raked his hair and close the notebook emotionally. "What happened back then? I feel like I was in there and saw it happened..."