Chapter Eighteen - The Mask

Singto follows the shadow to the end of the hall.

"Stop! Show yourself!" he commands.

The spirit stop immediately and didn't move, Singto swallowed his saliva heavily.

"Prea, is that you?" Singto breaks the silence. "You haven't left? Where were you all this time?"

"Thief...." The spirit seems upset.

"Please, show yourself! Are you really Prea?"

The spirit slowly turned around and slowly show his face.

"It's me...."

Singto's eyes widened in shock, he's like saw himself in the mirror.

Singto holds his head trying to recall his memory again. "It can't be...w-who are you?"

"Ask yourself...who are you?"

The spirit suddenly disappears into thin air before Krist and Kevin arrive.

"Wait! Don't go!"

"Singto! P'Sing!" The two brothers race toward him panting.

"How come you ran so fast?" comments Kevin trying to catch his breath.

"Who do you after? You didn't see a ghost again, did you?" asked Krist.

"I...." Singto was about to tell them what he saw but then he changed his mind. He wants to make clear everything first, he is really confused about what he just saw, his memories just like the pieces of the puzzles that messing around in his head. He doesn't know which is true and false anymore.

"Are you alright?" asked the two brothers at once.

"Yes ..." To answer sluggishly, his mind seemed not there.

"You look pale..." Krist commented. "Let's eat something, I happen to be hungry..." said Krist and grabbed his wrist about to drag him but shortly being stopped by Kevin by grabbing his other wrist.

"I guess you're tired and need some rest, I drive you back to your place..."

Singto pulls both of his hands at once to release himself. "Thank you for your guy's concern, but I still got something to do, excuse me..." he said coldly then left the two brothers. He remembered the ring he had dropped a while ago and planned to look for it before leaving the office.

"You still try your luck? Stop dreaming!" Krist told Kevin.

"If you want to challenge me, make sure you're not cheating! Clear up your status first!"

"I don't want to compete with you, because I surely will win!"

Kevin glared at him sharply for seconds before leaving the place as well and going back to his office. Krist is left alone and when he is about to leave, suddenly he hears a sound that calls out his name.

"Krist...."

The guy was shocked and turned around immediately.

"Who's that?!" he saw no one. "Show yourself to me if you dare! Don't play hide and seek!" said Krist and scans around for a while before leaving the place.

Meanwhile, Singto returns to the office after working hours and visits the floor where he accidentally drop the ring this afternoon and looks for it everywhere. However, he can't find it anywhere and cursed himself for being so careless.

He dropped to the floor and leaned against one of the tables because of exhaustion.

"Do you looking for this?" suddenly a voice startled him, he saw the spirit from before holding the ring that he looking for.