Chapter Twenty Four - The Life Reborn

Krist arrived at the gate of his house at the dusk, the sky was dark and it's will be raining soon, he scans at the building in front of him and closed his eyes trying to imagine the scene before a fire incident.

As if his soul step inside the house, he could smell the aroma of pine on the floor, musk from curtains, the fragrance from the flowers in the vases, ivory wood from the stairs, and did not miss the aroma of cooking from the kitchen.

A smile was engraved on his face, he could hear the piano sound in the living room, where Vee was playing her favorite song, the pacing sound of worker's footsteps, the clattering sounds of eating utensils, and the laughter voice of the whole family from the dining room, also the sound of his baby sister who is running and laughing around the house.

But suddenly the scenery changed instantly and turned dark then flames began to burn throughout the room, then the sound of crying and hysterical shouts from the whole house echoed and wrenched the heart.

He also witnessed a scene of the fire in the asylum fifty years ago and two hundred years ago at the Ruangroj mansion, as if he witness a scenery in hell.

Krist opened his eyes instantly and was shocked, he then looked straight at the place that had imprisoned him for more than two centuries, the house seemed to draw his soul back.

Krist opened the fence and walked in carefully, the raindrops began to fall around him, and he could feel a different aura from inside the house. Suddenly someone's voice stopped him from stepping forward.

"Krist!"

He immediately recognized the voice and turned around.

"P-P'Sing?!" Krist's eyes widened in surprise and did not believe it when he actually saw Singto's spirit. "W-what happened? You..." he was shocked.

Singto slowly shook his head and replied.

"I'm fine, I just can't stand and see Prea doing what he did, so I decided to leave his body..." Singto said bitterly.

"What?! Why don't you just take over your body and drive him out?"

"I can't fight him, maybe because of the ring, after all...that body...it belongs to him..."

"W-What are you saying?"

"I've remembered everything now and I'd also known your plan..."

"Huh?!" exclaimed Krist who looked nervous. "W-What do you mean?"

"I should've died in fire 200 years ago, right? I gave my soul to you to be exchanged for Prea's life, but you trick me up to possess Prea's body..."

"Next...you set another plan so that I can live again as a human being without having to be reborn by replacing Prea's soul with me..."

"To do that, you gave half of your divine soul to be exchanged for my life...and spend all your energies in order to be reborn as human beings...so that we can be together..."

"How do you know all this?"

"Because you ever told me the most perfect life form in this world is human, only being a human that could have dreams and feel the true love...so you wish to become a human..."

"But you forget one thing, the soul's memory doesn't permanent, so when you become a human, all your memories will be rewritten..."

"Even though we forget each other, I believe in the end, fate will still bring us together, right?"

"After two hundred years have passed?" Singto grinned. "Therefore you gave your soul so that I can live eternally, whereas you must experience the process of life like being born, growing old, and dying...and bet everything on fate..."