Chapter Eleven - The Birthmark

Singto sat leaning on his bed while watching something in his hand, a ring with a strange sigil. He later recalled the tattoo that was like a birthmark on Krist's chest from yesterday that resembled the picture on the ring, but he was not sure because the mark was rather faded.

Sometimes the flash memory of Krist appeared in his dream as well as Stella, he dreamed of kissing them, even sleeping with any one of them, but he can't clearly remember.

Myanmar – Chiang Mai's Border 1802

Singto suddenly opened his eyes, and took a deep breath, he found himself lying helpless on the ground, among thousands of bodies. Singto could barely breathe because of the pungent smell, and the pain he felt all over his body made him paralyzed.

He tried to move his finger and raise his hand then slowly pulled out the sword that pierced his body with trembling.

"Aaaargghhhh....." he's screaming like hell as the sword pulled out and blood spilled out from it. Singto panted hard trying to endure the pain that nearly take his life. After an hour passed, he finally tries to get up and walk by holding on to the sword as support, however, he couldn't make it too far and fall unconscious afterward.

Singto opened his eyes for the second time in a refugee camp, on a straw bed and in a different scene, but he could not remember anything.

"Sir, you're awake?" someone greets him.

"You called me?"

"Yeah, it's great to see you again..." said the soldier. "Many of us died in the battle, we lose the number..."

"Where am I?"

"We are at a refugee camp, I don't know how long we going to survive in this place, but we already sent the word to the palace, hope they will be sent the reinforcement soon."

"How did you find me?"

"We head back to the border to collect some weapons, and we found you fall unconscious on the ground, we thought you were...." The soldier shut his mouth immediately. "Anyway, welcome back! Let's celebrate it after you recovered!"

Singto finally learned his name from his subordinates, but they didn't know where he came from or where his family lived. It was a miracle for him to survive in such a condition even though he lost his memory.

A few weeks later...

The camp got a night raid, the assassin slaughtered everyone in the camp including women and children. Singto still badly injured, a woman told him to hide inside a narrow shit hole and cover it using the straws, and then she lured the assassin in another direction.

Singto was the only survivor of the attack, he lived on the run and hiding, moving from city to city in disguise. One day he heard the news that the assassin turned out to be a follower of the King, but he did not understand why the soldiers were targeted for murder, ordered by the King.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Krist bumped at Singto in the cafeteria and the guy jumped in shock and quickly divert his gaze from Singto. He clearly remembers what happened in the lake, yet pretends there is nothing.

Singto feels funny when looking at his reaction.

"Don't think about that!" Krist remind him.

"You do?"

"I'm not!"

"Oh, really?"

"What do you want Mr. Ruangroj?" Krist narrow his eyes and smirked. "You don't have any intention to me, do you? I thought you..."