Chapter Three - Undiscovered

~Charlotte~

I stood outside 221B Baker Street and knocked on the door. Mrs Hudson opened the door promptly and said, "Oh! Come in Charlotte, I'm so sorry about Sherlock, I miss him. We all do."

I nodded and smiled. "Thanks. Is John here?"

"Yes, yes upstairs dear." She said shutting the door behind me. I thanked her and processed up the stairs.

"John?" I called out as I got to the door.

"Oh, Charlotte? Is that you?" He entered from the kitchen and he didn't look good at all. In fact he looked terrible, he'd even not bothered to shave.

"Uh, yeah. I got back from uh, Italy and I thought I'd come and see you." I said taking my coast off and sitting on the sofa.

"Yes, well hello." He said.

"Right," It really did feel awkward. "I take it you've heard from-" I paused as I looked up at him. He looked absolutely drained. I raised that if he had heard from Sherlock then he would look so bad.

"From who?" He asked me.

"Doesn't matter. My, uh, friend was supposed to call you but then I remembered she said she didn't so don't worry." I lied.

"Why would she call me?" He asked, probably feeling confused.

"Um, because I, uh, I told her to let you know I was coming to see you but she probably forgot.." That sounded so stupid but he dismissed it and said,"Okay. Hey, in sorry about-" He stopped as his words got caught in his throat.

"What?" I asked him. He looked like he could burst into tears at any minute.

"Sh-Sherlo-ck" He choked out sitting on the sofa.

"Oh John." I said putting an arm around him. This poor poor man, Sherlock had broken him and he didn't even know it.

I felt so bad for him. I wanted to tell him that Sherlock was alive but I didn't know if I should...

A few hours later everything has calmed down and John seemed appreciative of the fact that I came and visited him. Once I said goodbye I decided to ring Sherlock.

"Hello?" Sherlock answered.

"Yes, hello, why haven't you been to see John yet?" I asked him walking down the street.

"It's not the right time."

"Sherlock I've just been to visit him. He's broken, he's a mess because of you!"

"Is not the right time. Give me a little longer. He'll be fine."

"I hope so Sherlock, I hope so." I sighed. "So how did you do it?" I asked spontaneously.

"Not the right time to explain."

"Sherlock when is it the right time?"

"When I say it is."

"Sherlock, can I tell you something?"

"Anything."

"Sebastian was talking to me today and he said something. He said he swore he wouldn't tell. He's hiding something from me." I told him.

"Everybody had their secrets Charlotte. He's probably just flustered."

"Sherlock, your supposed to help me with this."

"I am. Leave him to do his duty."

"Fine." I muttered.

"Got to go Charlotte."

"Okay, bye Sherlock."

With that he hung up and I put my phone into my pocket.