Chapter Fifteen - Threats

~Charlotte~

*Time fast forward because flights from England to America takes about 10 hours. And it would be pretty boring if I described her sleeping...*

I woke up and sat upright as I heard Riley calling my name. "Charlotte! Are you awake?"

"I bloody am now aren't I?" I said turning to look at him.

"Sorry, the uh, hostess said to get ready, well be landing in about half an hour." He told me.

"And you couldn't key me sleep for a bit longer?" I asked not expecting an answer.

"Well, I-"

"Riley, it's okay." I stopped him.

"Right. So why are you going to America?" He asked.

"Mycroft didn't tell you?"

"Not he just said that I should protect you at all costs. What's that about?"

"If Mycroft didn't tell you I don't think I should either. What time is it?"

"3am-ish. Oh no sorry, it's probably 10pm-ish. Time difference and all." He said correcting himself. He laughed about it second later.

"Your such a dork." I laughed switching my phone on.

"Still calling me that are we?" He asked sitting next to me.

"I am." I replied. Once my phone was on I checked my messages. None, except from an unknown number. I opened the message.

Hello Charlotte!

Enjoying the flight?

I'm closer then you think. Poor James, he must be distraught.

Good of Mycroft to send you away. I can get to you easier now without all the protection.

See you soon.

I swallowed and tried to stop myself from reacting. I let out a sharp breath and Riley asked did I was okay. I just nodded my head and succeed my phone in my pocket.

"It was James that's all." I lied.

"James. You seem really unhappy. I wish you'd take me back." He said putting an arm around me.

"I'm staying with James. I've made my mind up. Your always going to be my friend. You'll find someone else. I know you will." I assures him. He didn't answer me but he rubbed my arm as if accepting what I'd said.