Chapter Seventeen - He Was There All Along.

~Charlotte~

I got off the plane and a driver was there to drive us to a hotel. Riley and I put our luggage in the boot and then we got inside the taxi. We drive through New York and I watched or the window. Watching the city lights flicker past.

New York wasn't what I thought it'd be. It seemed a lot less busy at night.

We pulled up outside a big hotel called The Distrikt Hotel. It looked classy but of course Mycroft booked the tickets. Riley checked in at the desk while I waited by the lift. "So we are room 306." Riley said pressing the button on the

lift. We went up to the third floor and found our room. It was a big room with a bed, a sofa, coffee table, television, and an en suite bathroom.

One flipping bed. Great! Well there's always there sofa! I reassured myself.

To be honest I wasn't tired at all. "Right, so what do you want to do?" Riley asked.

"Well, I, watch TV?" I asked seeing as there was nothing else to do.

"Yep." He sat on the sofa and I joined him. He went through the channels but most of them were crap. He then found a channel which was showing Friends.

I watched the TV but Riley wasn't watching the TV. He was watching me...

"Uh, what are you doing?" I asked inching away from him.

"Good I've missed you Charlotte." He said still staring.

"Riley, what did I tell you? Can't you get over it already!" I exclaimed getting rather annoyed.

"You see, I've waited and I've tried to be patient with you. Ever since you've left me I became a changed man. I needed you back and I wasn't going to fail. Now we are away from James, we can run away together. Go places, be hire we were in college." He told me.

I got up quickly and said, "No, I- what are you doing?"

He just smirked and stood up walking towards me. "I'm your little stalker honey. Now I've finally got you, we can start again."

I suddenly stopped as I was backing away from him. He was my stalker? I literally couldn't move, I couldn't speak, I couldn't think straight. "Riley!" I suddenly blurted out unable to say anything out.

"That's right. Scream my name honey." I looked at him in disgust as he said this.

"What the fuck happened to you?!" I said. He sounded crazy.

"You happened to me. You made me like this Charlotte."

"I'm sorry. This didn't have to happen. You could have stopped yourself." I said.

He grabbed me and shoved me against the wall violently. "I could have stopped myself?! None of this would have happened if you hadn't of left me. You brought this on yourself." He growled. He held my arms tightly.

I suddenly burst into tears. What a wimp. My inner conscience told me. I really couldn't believe that this man, who was once a sweet, caring, kind boy who I feel in love with, has turned into such a monster because of me.

"No. Don't cry. It may be your fault but you can't cry yet." He let go of me and turned away. He waked towards the window and looked outside.

I looked next to me and the door to the bathroom was there. I quickly fumbled for the handle and locked myself inside. I heard Riley banging in the door. "Charlotte, get out here. There is no point locking yourself in there!"

I ignored him and quickly called Mycroft.

"Hello Charlotte. How are you?"

"Mycroft, I need your help. Please, I, my stalker is in the hotel room!" I whispered panicking.

"Where is Riley?" He asked frantically.

"Riley is that stalker Mycroft! Well done! Now I'm going to bloody be stuck here with him!" I told him angrily.

"Sherlock said this would happen. He knew the stalker wound find you. He's in New York. I tried to stop him from going but he never listens to me. Call him and he will help."

I didn't bother to answer him. I quickly hung up and rang Sherlock.

"Hello."

"Sherlock, I need your help. In in the Distrikt Hotel and my stalker is here with me. I've locked myself in the bathroom but I'm not sure how much longer I can take it." I said taking sorry breaths in between.

"Just as I suspected. You need to get yourself on the roof of that building. I'll be waiting for you. Make sure he doesn't follow you. But he must be outside of the hotel once your on the roof" He then hung up and I quickly put my phone away had to think on the plot. How am I going to get out of here without him following me?!

Then I realized that I could hit him and knock him out with something, but then how would he suddenly resurrect and get at the bottom of the hotel. I thought and thought. Then I just thought 'fuck it'.

I unlocked the door and Riley was standing there. He was about to go for me when I pushed him back and kissed him. He tensed up at first. I prayed he'd loosen up and thank God he did otherwise I think he'd do something worse to me then diving me against a wall.

I pushed him back so he sat on the bed and I straddled his hips. To be perfectly honest, it didn't feel like Riley was underneath me, it felt kind someone completely different.

I took his top off and ran my hands down his back. I kissed him harder as I undid his belt. Riley sat up slightly and pushed his trousers down. I let my hands risk then I suddenly stopped as Riley tried to take off my top. "Wait" I said. "We're in New York Riley. I'm so sorry that I made you turn out to be this way. We should go to a club or something, have fun. Yeah? We can get back to this later."

I jumped off his lap and bolted out the door. I heard him shout for me to wait for him. He had to get dressed of course. That would stall him.

I pressed the button on the lift and once the doors opened I went inside and pressed 0. I then quickly jumped out of the lift and it began to go down. I then turned and headed up the stairs making my way to the rooftop. Riley would see I went to the bottom floor by the lift and he would then he'd go down the stairs. Hopefully.