Chapter Five - Mycroft

~Charlotte~

I left the house and decided to call Mycroft he should know what to do.

"Hello Mycroft. I am in dire need of your assistance." I said once he picked up the phone.

"What is it sister, dear?"

"We need to have a little chat."

"Come over to my office then."

"I'm already on my way."

"Well see you soon then."

"Yes, see you soon." I then hung up and got in a taxi.

On the way there, Sherlock called me.

"Hello?"

"Charlotte I've decided."

"On what Sherlock?"

"In going to see John."

"Okay. Good luck. He's probably going to be annoyed with you though."

"Is he? Well I suppose he'll have to get on with it. How is he?"

"Week, he's grown a beard and he looks like a mess. Good luck."

"Well, we shall have to deal with that soon. He can't go around looking like that."

"Haha, good luck Sherlock."

"Alright, goodbye."

"Bye."

Finally, Sherlock is going to put John out of his misery. I hope it goes well...

....................

As I approached Mycroft's office he was talking to someone on the phone.

"No, don't let her do anything she starts under your care-" He stopped as I appeared on the doorway. "In ever so sorry, I have something I need to attend to right this minute, I will call you back." He put the phone firm and welcomed me in and I sat on a chair opposite him. "How is my dear sister?" He asked.

"I'm fine, I need to ask you to do something for me." I said.

"Anything." He answered smiling.

"Right, so earlier today, I was talking to Sebastian and he told me something. He's sworn to keep a secret. He was about to say something but then he stopped so I asked him to carry on but he wouldn't because he "swore to keep it a secret". Then I came home from visiting John, I went to James' office and he was talking on the phone and it sounded weird so I listened. He said that he wasn't attached to someone and he was only doing his job and that whoever was on the other side of the phone shouldn't worry. I can't help thinking it is something about me. So please can you hack into their system or something to find out the truth." I said exasperated.

"Charlotte your imagining things dear. It's probably an evil scheme he's going to put into action. You don't trust your own boyfriend?" He said as though I was a child who thought she saw a monster under her bed.

"Mycroft! Are you serious? He could be plotting something against you or me or anyone and to be honest with what happened with Magnussen I do not feel safe anymore. Everybody is keeping secrets from me and I don't know what to do. You won't even help me and neither would Sherlock. You wouldn't even let me love James and now you've changed your mind. I don't get you sometimes!" I exclaimed getting frustrated.

"I just think it would be best to leave them to it." He sighed.

"You know something don't you? I can tell. What are you hiding from me?" I questioned him. He seemed too laid back to let this thing slip.

"What are you trying to suggest?" He asked me.

"I'm just trying to help you." He said.

"Help with what?"

"I don't want you getting involved with their business." He stated taking a sip of his tea.

"There's more. I know it. Tell me Mycroft."

"There is nothing I need to tell you. Stop being difficult." He said standing up.

"That's it. I'm going to ask Sherlock. He will tell me." I said walking out the door.

"He won't Charlotte." He sighed as I walked out the door. I ignored him and left.

Why did everybody have a secret that I couldn't know about?...