Chapter Twelve - Trapped in time

~James~

I watched her leave. The cab disappeared as it turned a corner and she was gone. I turned around and looked back at my mansion. I walked inside and found Holly.

"Do you need anything sir?" She asked.

"No, your no longer needed. Take this as your leaving pay." I said reaching into my wallet and giving her a check of 1,000 pounds.

"Oh thank you sir. Are you sure?" I nodded and left and she went to collect get things. I went upstairs and saw that Charlotte had left her engagement ring. It was on the dresser. I picked it up and held it tightly in my hand.

I walked downstairs and Sebastian and through the front door as Holly had left. "Where is she going boss?" He asked during the door.

"I've fired her." I answered walking out to the garden. I hadn't been outside here for a long time. It was still as I remembered. The gardener had dinner well. Keeping it neat and the flowers looked beautiful. But to me they were just colors amongst other things.

"Why boss?" Sebastian asked.

"I don't need her anymore." I answered walking along the path.

"Okay. So is everything alright you seem a little tense."

"Just leave me alone Sebastian. I need time by myself."

Sebastian ignored me and asked, "Where's Charlotte?"

"Sebastian!" I shouted and he nodded and left.

I carried on walking. Soon I came to a gate which sectioned off my house from masses of fields. I jumped over the fence. I took my jacket off and left out on the fence. I felt hot and I needed the air.

In all my life, I never thought I would feel like this. I never thought I would love someone this much.

I carried on walking up through the fields, the sun was at sunset and the sky didn't even look as beautiful as it used to.

Everything I had, gone. She's gone. As soon as I saw her, that first time, the world seemed such a perfect place.

I would hunt her down and take her back. But I can't. I love her too much to stop her from being happy. Of she truly loves Riley, then I can't bring to stop her from being happy

I had been walking for ages, I came to the to of a massive hill and I could see for miles. Charlotte would have liked it up here. She would've told me to stay with her tonight. Up here, looking across the city.

Everything I want I have. Money, power, glory. Except for one thing. Her. I'm nothing without her.

I just don't understand why she would have me for a man she hasn't seen for six odd years.

She's smashed my heart to pieces. I feel empty, like I'm trapped in the middle of time.

I can't lose her she's all I've got.

Then I suddenly realized. She has a tracker on her phone, I quickly turned and ran back to the house. I needed to find Mycroft and quickly.