Chapter Seven - Someone Is Watching You

~Charlotte~

"A set up?" I asked sitting back in my seat.

"James shouldn't have told you that." Mycroft sighed.

"You've got to tell me now." I insisted.

"We are only trying to protect you." Sherlock said.

"From what?" I said feeling nervous.

"Your being watched." Mycroft sighed.

I felt my stomach twist at the way he said it. He said it so dark and he even sounded scared himself. "I'm being w-watched? By what?"

"Its by who you need to worry about. We have yet to uncover the identity." Sherlock told me.

"But how do you know?" I asked.

"We've been tracking you..." Mycroft said. "In your phone, there's a chip. We see where you travel, we see where you are and the people around you. There is someone, unidentified who is always around you. Whether you are at the shop, at Sherlock's flat, or just in the street. Somebody is following you, all the time."

"Oh my God." Was all I could utter from my mouth.

"That's not everything." Sherlock announced. "Remember your inheritance from mum and dad to you could go to college?"

I nodded.

"Wrong. There was no inheritance from mum and dad. The money came from an anonymous person. We have a feeling that that person is tied with your 'stalker'."

I swallowed and whispered,"I am being stalked?"

"Yes." Mycroft said. "This is why we need to protect you. We don't know what this person is capable of. We had been tracking you since you arrived in London. You were almost caught by this person, so we had to act fast."

"W-what did you do?" I said feeling sick from all of this.

"We hired James to take care of you." Sherlock stated.

"You what? You hired- James, is that what that conversation was about?" I asked.

"Yes, but-"

"No, I heard you say you want attached to me. So, how much are they paying you? How much are they paying you so that you can pretend to love me?" I asked him feeling angry.

"I wasn't talking about you Charlotte! I was talking about- something else." James said frantically.

"Let's just leave that for now, you two can argue about it later." Sherlock said rolling his eyes.

"Fine, but why James he hates Sherlock." I asked Mycroft.

"Because he was the only person. I could get hold of fast enough. Sherlock wasn't exactly thrilled with the idea but he agreed as it would keep you safe. We never planned for you to fall in love with him, in fact a lot of things happened which we didn't plan." He explained.

"Like?" I asked.

"Well, we never expected that car crash to happen. When James got amnesia we were scared that you wouldn't be protected anymore. But we heard that you were looking after him so we let you stay and we kept an extra close eye on you. Then the wedding wasn't planned, but we thought if you did get married then whoever was following you may levee you alone. But obviously the wedding didn't go to plan and James was back to his old self. Do we reminded him about everything and he agreed to stay with you. Then James decided to go through with his plan to kill Sherlock without telling any of us. But now, we will be keeping him under a close eye too. Then lastly, Magnussen definitely wasn't planned." Mycroft said all this clearly like he needed me to understand.

"Right, so all you wanted to do was protect me?"

"We still are protecting you. There is someone out there trying to get to you. We need to find this person and sorry this out so you can have a life without all this protective stuff." Mycroft saying 'stuff' was probably the weirdest thing ever, is not life him to say that..

"So this is the big secret." I sighed.

"Sometimes is better to get hurt by the truth then to believe a lie your whole life." James told me.

"I know but-" I was interrupted as I heard my phone going off. I got up and walked I to the living room. I picked my phone up and answered it. "Hello?"

"Hey,its me Riley. I wanted to see you"

I turned around as I heard someone enter the room. It was James leaning against the door frame.

"Hey, I cant- now isn't really a good time. There's, uh, family issues."

James stood there staring at me intently, studying me.

"Oh, Charlotte, I miss you. I can't wait. Did you think about us, being an us again?"

I turned away from James. "Riley, what did I tell you? I can't, I'm already-"

"Yeah, I know, but you were with me first. We never broke up, so technically you still mine."

"Riley, no it doesn't work like that."

I heard James cough like he was waiting for me to get off the phone.

"Look, I've got to go. I'm sorry."

"Fine, I'll speak to you later. Bye"

"Bye." With that I hung up and threw my phone on the couch.

"Who was that?" James asked.

"You know who that was." I said pushing past him. He grabbed my wrist and said,"Your being stupid."

"Me? I'm not the one who was hired to watch me."

"Actually, it may have been like that at first but you know it's more than that. You know I love you. Don't be an idiot and try and say I don't because I do." He told me gripping my wrist tighter.

"James, get off your hurting me." I told him.

He let go and I walked back to the table in the dining room and sat down.

We all finished our dinner and then everybody left at about 11:00pm.

It has been a long day.