Part 3

Natasha was called at the Roger's mansion, after she texted Sam. She was nervous, not knowing if what she did was right.

The vast gates, the large living room, the overwhelming chandeliers, everything tempted and intimidated her. How and why did he choose her? Surely many girls of hid own level would love to marry him.

"Ah, Natasha. Sir, is waiting for you in his study. Upstairs, third door on the left" Sam said, greeting her with a smile.

She nodded and climbed the stairs, the mansion was so large, she feared getting lost, but she did find the study and knocked on the door that was slightly open.

"Come in" his voice was commanding, like a leaders.

Natasha hesitantly walked in, holding onto the strap of her purse. He was standing by the large bookshelf, his back towards her. He wore a navy blue suit, his amazing shoulders making the sight delightful.

"Welcome " he turned and she almost flinched, "take a seat" he gestured towards the couch.

Natasha sat down by the corner, and he sat opposite her, crossing his legs.

"So? You decided to agree? " he asked.

"I.. I have a few questions " she said, without making eye contact with him.

"Sure" he said, "bring them on"

"Why.. Why me? I mean.. " she wasn't sure to phrase it.

"I want a girl who is beautiful inside out, you surely are gorgeous, and your soul is definitely beautiful, who takes the responsibility of sick parents and half siblings these days, especially in conditions like yours. I need someone who stays with me through thick and thin, no matter what life throws at us" he said.

"And you are sure, I will? " she asked.

"Almost sure. Besides, whatever I have promised to take care of would be on stake so" he said.

"Is this.. Like.. A contract marriage? " she asked.

"No, its a real marriage. Except I didn't fall in love with you, didn't propose" he said.

"What if you do fall in love, with someone else? " she asked.

"With you as my wife, I highly doubt that. Besides, I don't understand love, I don't care about it. I wouldn't even marry if not for my circumstances " he said.

"What about.. I can't.. I mean.. We don't know each other at all.. How are we.. " she didn't know how to say it. He was a stranger, how does one have such conversations.

"Natasha, you don't have to sleep with me until you are comfortable " he said, her heart jumped and she looked up, catching his eye. She quickly looked back down.

"You'll be the queen of this mansion. You'll have every right my wife should. You can make friends, go for parties, whatever you want to do, I wouldn't stop you. You just have to remain my wife, join me on my tours, meetings, etc " he further explained.

"You don't even know me and.. You are trusting me for" she said.

"I have researched enough. Besides, what's life without some risk" he said.

She nodded, this mansion, this handsome man, a good future for her family. Everything was well. Obviously with her conditions, a fairytale wasn't possible. She wasn't expecting a prince charming, but she did get one.

"What do I have to do next? " she asked.

"So? You agree! " he asked enthusiastically.

"Yes, I do" she said. His smile was so bright after that, she couldn't help but smile back.

"Great!! " he said, "Hold your hand out for me please"

She held her right hand out, "The other hand" he said. She did, and he took a beautiful white gold ring with a diamond, and slid it on her ring finger, "Ah, its a perfect fit" he said.

She stared at him and then at the ring.

"So, now we are engaged. You can go back, inform your family. Tell what you want to do with your siblings, I have talked to some boarding schools for them and Sam has looked for foster homes too. We'll be sending your mother to the David's Alzheimer care centre. Figure it out by the end of this week. And on Sunday we fly to Vegas for our wedding " he said.

"Vegas? We'll be having a Vegas wedding? " she asked, excited now.

"Yes" he said. Natasha had always dreamed to see Vegas, and a wedding there was something she often read about and fantasized.

"Sam would introduce you to Maria Hill, your personal assistant from now on. She'll help you with this, and the wedding shopping. And you have to sign a few documents, she'll help you with those too" he said.

"Thank you, Mr. Rogers. For all your help" she said, standing up.

"You can call me Steve. You are my fiance after all" he said.

She smiled faintly and then walked out of the study.

_______

"What?! " George shouted as Natasha revealed about her engagement, "You are getting married? To whom? We didn't even know you had a boyfriend, when did you even see him? Were you sleeping with him? Are you pregnant? "

"I don't have to answer that, George. I am the adult here, you don't get to throw questions like that at me. All I have to say is, these are your options. Foster home, or boarding school. I would prefer foster home but since its your life" she said in anger.

"How are you gonna pay for it, loser? Or is marriage a lie for pole dancing? " he asked.

"He would pay, you don't deserve a school, George. Nadia, tell me what you need " she turned to face Nadia.

"Pay for it? Is he wealthy? Oh right! You are gonna be a whore to a rich oldie" George spat.

Natasha slapped him hard, "Shut up,  you filth. I destroyed my life for you people and this is what you speak like to me. Go to hell, I'll tell him he doesn't have to do anything and social services would take care of you. As for you Nadia, if you share his believes, you are free to join him. I like you, you can turn better, so take the boarding school option"

"What about mom? " Nadia asked.

"He is sending her to David's Alzheimer centre" Natasha replied and stormed off to her room.

She cried a little then convinced herself that it was all gonna end soon. She'll be away from this mess. In his large mansion, as his wife. Definitely way happier then she was at her own house.

******
Poor Nat.
Her brother is such a jerk.
Steve is so sweet.
Vegas wedding soon.
Do give your reviews