Part 7

Steve wasn't home when they returned. Natasha decided to check her room and settle in. The servants carried her luggage up, and Maria guided her to her new room. Natasha's breath was stolen when she saw it.

Sure enough, it had the furniture she had chosen and the color pattern, the curtains were all of her choice. But seeing it all put together made her heart jump. It looked so perfect. The cream color walls, the dark brown furniture and curtains, and she didn't know the room was going to be this huge. It was almost as huge as Steve's.

"You like it? " she heard Steve's voice, and felt him standing behind her very close, she flinched but didn't move.

"Yes, its perfect" she said, "Thank you"

"A man has to keep his wife happy. No need to thank me" he said.

She smiled and then turned to face him. His reaction was almost funny, because maybe he was about to say something but he stopped midway, his mouth a little open and he was holding his breath.

Natasha blushed and looked away, trying not to smile too much.

"You look so beautiful " he said, raising his hand to touch her, but hesitantly moving it back.

"I.. I brought you something " he said, digging his pockets to retrieve it.

He took out a box and opened it, revealing a beautiful delicate gold chain.

"It's beautiful " she said.

"Can I.. Put it on your neck? " he asked politely.

She nodded and turned, moving her hair to a side.

_______

Steve took a deep breath, filling his lungs with her aroma. He took the chain and carefully put it around her neck, the little brush of skin by his fingers got him too excited. He leaned closer, his lips just a few inches away from her neck, as he hooked it.

He wanted to hold her waist, to kiss her neck. But it was inappropriate. They barely knew each other. She'll be his wife the next day. He won't have to hold back for long. And he didn't want his desires to define their relationship.

He carefully stepped back, "I.. Was wondering if you.. Would like to.. Join my office? " he asked.

______

Natasha turned in surprise, was he offering her a job?

"I mean.. If you want to.. You don't have to. An independent girl like you might get bored around here. You can fill in. If you like. Now, a few months later, whenever you want. It's your office, its always open for you" he said, his eyes wandering.

Natasha was amazed at him. How can a person be so good? Was he even real?

"Steve, I.. I really don't understand. You have been treating me like.. So special.. I.. Thank... No thank you is enough for what you are doing for me" she said, unable to find words.

"Trust me, Natasha. I have done nothing. I am selfish, as you can see. I just am trying to lower my guilt of robbing your freedom." He said.

"But who does that? You are so powerful, you could have easily.. Just doing what you did for my family was more then I could.. I don't understand how I got so lucky" she said.

______

Steve wanted to cup her cheeks. How should he explain that he is no saint. The marriage was a necessity but he had hots for her ever since he laid eyes on her. The lust and desire he had for her was maddening and he couldn't act on it. He was just another man, with hormones, that wanted to claim her. She was just too innocent and pure and he was guilty to want to get dirty with her. He did all he did so that she didn't miss on her happiness and freedom because of him.

_______

"I got lucky" he said. And she looked at him confused, "To have you. You are not a gold digger. You are not trying to woo me, seduce me, or anything. You asked why I chose you? Because you aren't after the money or fame. You did it for your family and its only right to do something for you "
Natasha still didn't understand what he was trying to explain but she nodded anyway, "I might join someday. For now, I want to rest. I have been working non stop for such a long time. I paid my own college fees working overtime. And then.. I guess it would be relaxing to be a billionaire's house wife for now" she laughed at the end a little.

"As you wish" he said smiling, "come on. Let's finish dinner so you can sleep. I don't want my bride to look tired"

She blushed at, 'my bride'. He was such a gentleman. He was marrying her yet he never tried to get close, or touch her unnecessarily. He maintained his distance, he didn't stare at her boobs, he always looked into her eyes when they talked, he didn't lick his lips when his eyes fell on her. So calm and composed and respectful a person he was.

He didn't say anything about intimacy, he gave her a separate room. He must have his reasons to rush the wedding but he didn't rush anything else. Natasha was already proud of her husband to be.

"Steve! " she called, as he was leaving her room.

"Yes? " he turned to face her. She walked up to him.

"Can we be friends? " she asked, "that's how a relationship should start, right? It's a marriage after all. A bond for life. I want to get to know you better, be the first person to share your worries and happiness. And friendship forms the base of every relation. So? Friends? " she held her hand out.

He took her hand and gently shook it, "Of course" he said.

Natasha smiled and then joined him downstairs to have dinner.

She was already looking forward to her life, as the billionaire's wife.

*******
Nat, you don't know how much he craves you😂
But he sure is a gentleman.
I will try to update sooner guys but I am busy with some stuff and I keep getting issues so.
Hopefully one update per day will continue.
Do give your reviews