Part 35

Natasha entered the bath, where Steve was shaving, having no shirt and just a towel wrapped around his pelvis. Natasha was wearing a simple nightgown, and she hugged him from behind, her cheek touching his bareback.

"What's wrong, are you alright? " he asked tenderly.

She tightened her hold, "I.. Steve I wanna say something to you"

Steve wiped the cream off his cheeks and turned, holding her arm and touching her cheek.

"Yes? Tell me" he said.

"Steve, please don't misunderstand me, please don't... I know you might not believe me..but" she was nervous and scared but she couldn't hold her feelings back anymore.

"Whatever it is, sweetheart just tells me" he assured her.

"I... Steve I... I love.." She bit her lip then looked into his eyes, " I love you, Steve. I love you, I love you a lot. I know you don't believe in love but...I really love you. You are the only person who values me and... I really love you a lot".

"I believe you," Steve said, silencing her with his finger on her lips, "I don't understand love, but you are the most important person in my life. And we are having our precious baby" he put his hand on her lower belly, " and I promise you, I will always be the same to you".

Natasha smiled and hugged him, " I love you, Steve ".

Steve rubbed her back, and let her have her moment of comfort when she was ready to move, he cupped her cheeks, "Nat, you are the best thing that has ever happened to me. When I first saw you, I was immediately attracted to your beauty and your concern for your mother. I knew you were the one for me. The perfect wife. And then I had immense lust for you. Our relationship evolved from partners to friends, to the point where we have become dependent on each other. I can't even imagine any event of my life without you anymore. We are life partners in a true sense. "

She smiled, " You shaved"

"I did, I miss the feeling of your soft skin on my cheeks," he said, caressing her cheek with the back of his fingers.

He leaned closer and brushed his cheek against hers. She felt her cheeks flushing but then her throat was full of nausea and she pushed Steve away, rushing to vomit.

Steve followed her and rubbed her back, holding her hair out of the way.

"Sorry," she said, rinsing her mouth.

"It's okay. Our baby is making his presence felt" he said. Natasha smiled, nausea still present. Steve helped her out and called for a lemon juice for her.

______

Natasha was in the garden, taking a walk, while Steve was at his office. She wanted to enjoy every single moment of her pregnancy and not let anything disturb her happiness. Her baby was coming, their baby, and everything else didn't matter, not even the fact that Steve didn't confess his love for her. She was confident he would, someday. She knew he loved her, she felt it.

"Hey, mommy to be" Maria came to her, "how's your day so far? "

"Apart from five episodes of vomiting and continuous nausea, good" Natasha said. Maria laughed.

"Maria, let's go shopping. I am bored " Natasha said.

"Uh, Nat.. I think you should rest, we'll go later" Maria's excuse seemed genuine but sounded like an excuse nonetheless. She didn't look into Natasha's eyes while she talked.

"Maria? What's wrong? You can tell me" Natasha asked, concerned. Maria was her friend and Natasha cared about everyone in her life dearly. 

"Nat, I.. I don't know how to tell you this. Look, I am sorry, its not in my control, I can't go against.. I am so sorry" Maria talked rubbing her hands.

"Maria! " Natasha held her hands, "just tell me, what's wrong? "

"Nat, I.. Steve asked me about.. I had to tell him that you met.. I am sorry.. He.. He has forbade us to leave the house without his permission. I am so sorry, I.. Its not what.. He is just making sure you are safe" Maria said.

"Permission? But.. You are my bodyguard, I am supposed to be safe with you. Why did he say that? " Natasha was confused, he had earlier forbade her to leave the house alone.

"Yeah, actually.. He doesn't want you to.. He just wants you to go out with him, always. Not just me, or Sam or anyone else. He is just a bit paranoid with all that Clark scenario " Maria explained.

"Clark scenario? I told Steve I love him. Why is he? Does he think I'll fall in love with Clark if I go out alone? " Natasha was getting impatient now.

"Nat, listen" Maria held her shoulders, "you are pregnant, you should stay away from stress, that's all he wants. "

"He forcefully took me into his bedroom, he is jealous!! " Natasha screamed, "And insecure. Oh my God! Clark did fill his mind with shit. He manipulated me, then him. No, no! "

"Natasha, please don't panic " Maria tried to calm her, "he'll be fine. He has no one else. He cannot loose you"

"And I cannot loose my sensibility. I am not a child, I told him I love him and am pregnant with his baby yet he is insecure? And he doesn't even confess if he loves me. "

"He does, you know that" Maria tried to reason.

"If he does, he should trust me. He should believe I will stay with him"

"He does, he just doesn't trust Clark"

"Well, Clark won't hurt me. I can trust him with that"

"I don't know what to say, Nat. You believe Clark won't hurt you but you think Steve can"

"What? Where.. Maria, just leave.. Leave me alone" Natasha yell at the top of her voice and Maria hesitantly walked away.

*******
Sorry for the long wait.
Was busy plus having a bad writer's block.
Hope I come round.
What's going to happen next?
Do give your reviews.