2: Therapy Letter #1

Dongyu left me. My dad died of a heart attack, which means both my parents are dead now.  So thanks, I guess, for that.

That was sarcasm. I know it can be hard to read that.

You erased that part. It felt stupid.

It's hard to see my old friends because they don't really know how to talk to me, so I get lonely. All because of you. I was fine before you. I don't even know still, why you took me. You always talked about "whore this" and "slut that", but I never hit on you and I never flirted with you. I was dating your friend. I wanted to marry him.

Now, I can hardly get close to a man without breaking out into a sweat because of what you did to me. What would have been wrong with flirting with you anyway, if I was single?  Would that have been a crime worthy of what you did to me? I was in the hospital for months. Four broken ribs. Both shoulders dislocated with a torn rotator cuff on one. I have physical therapy for it all the time. I have a job with animals because I can't work with people; but then I still see and have to talk to people. It always goes wrong.

You did this to me. And I can't get over it. Every day I live with it and its eating me alive. This morning I woke up from the nightmare of when I was rescued. I remembered what you said to me. You screamed out that you loved me.

That was a lie. I know it was a lie, because you never said it before and because you beat the shit out of me and kept me in your basement. But you were right that it was terrible out here. But you made it terrible out here for me. So I was just writing to tell you that I hate you and that you deserve to rot in prison and that I wish you had a worse sentence. I wish you were never getting out. I wish that you could understand what I'm going through and care. But you can't care. We all know you care a grand total of zero percent.

You're a complete and utter psychopath and that's another reason I know that you can't love me. I don't really know how to end this letter.

So fuck you,

YN

You folded it up and threw it into your desk. Surprisingly, you did feel a little bit better. And as you looked at the desk, you thought about the letter a little bit more.

"Well, I know she said not to send it, that I didn't need to..." You opened the drawer and looked at it again, "But I mean, what harm could it really do? I can send it and not put a return address. Then, he can't send anything back."

So you decided to do just that. The letter went into an envelope, got a name, address and stamp on it and it went with you as you went on your way to work.