43: Graduated From Therapy

"I don't like where this is going, YN... I'm getting really worried about you." Dr. Park confided.

"I can handle it." You nodded. "I think I understand why a lot better."

"There's never a 'why'. There is only an 'is'. There is only what happened, no reasons." She reminded you.

"Yeah, well, I've been sleeping better, eating more and going out with Si-oon and Min-Ah. If anything, this had made me more social than before!" You smiled, hoping to disarm the therapist.

"No more sleeping pills, then?"

"Nope, I think I got it. And I'm moving into a new apartment next month. I'll stay with Si-oon while everything gets sorted out."

Dr. Park sat back in her chair, pondering.

"Things really are starting to look up for you, YN. I'm really proud of all of the work you have done with me."

"Do you mean that?"

"Of course. I would never give you a false compliment."

"Okay... because I was thinking that we could start seeing each other like, three times a year.  Every other week is starting to feel a little more unnecessary." You admitted, a bit embarrassed. It was almost like you were breaking up with someone. A whole, 'it's not you, it's me' kind of situation.

"I think that's a fine idea. Of course you can come whenever you feel you might need to." Dr. Park smiled. It wasn't often that her patients got to come back less often.

As you stood up to excuse yourself, you found arms around you, squeezing tightly.

"I really do wish you the best, YN." Dr. Park said, "I sincerely do."

As you walked to your car, you decided that now would be a good time to call.

The phone only rang once before it was picked up.

"Hello, this is Oh Sangwoo." He answered formally.

"Hello, this is LN YN." You laughed back.

"YN! I'm happy to hear you call! What do you want?" He asked, kicking his feet back in the chair he was resting in.

"To never worry about money or work again!" You laughed again, making his heart flutter. "But in actuality, I wanted to know if you would come by my house in a few days. I'll pick you up. I wanted to show you some of my art that I've made. It's the least I could do for your drawing and note you gave me! They were so sweet."

Sangwoo's heart jumped this time and he worried that anymore cardiac activity would give him a heart attack.

"Your house? Only if you're sure..." He sounded hesitant, not wanting to push you too far.

"It's fine, it's actually just an apartment, so there will be plenty of people to hear... whatever." You assured him.

It worked and Sangwoo smiled as he spoke, "I would love that."

And with a time and date confirmation, he only had to bide his time until the wonderful day showed up.