18: Different But The Same

Graphic content below involving mentions of rape and incest~

Things were quiet for a long time. 

At least on the outside.

On the inside of both your and Sangwoo's minds, thunderstorms were brewing. Having seen each other once again set off a very predictable storm of memories in each of your brains. Nightmares struck you both like lightning, panic attacks rumbled in your chest like thunder.

"I know I'm sick, alright?!" His mother shouted at him. "Can't you just be a little kind? Huh?!"

She laid the knife on his bloody, sweaty forehead and took a breath.

"Oh..." She sighed. "No... This isn't right... Let's make up. I'm sorry for shouting at you."

Sangwoo wanted to scream. He wanted to run, but he was tied up from arms to wrists to knees to ankles. Most of all however, he wanted to wake up.

"There. Now it's your turn." She looked at him expectantly. As if he had something to admit. "Hmm? Why aren't you saying anything? Are you saying you didn't do anything wrong? IS THAT IT?!"

Her face morphed into yours as tears streamed down his face.

"THINK CAREFULLY! IS THERE REALLY NOTHING?!"

She was right, this twisted memory of his mom. He had done something wrong. He had done a lot wrong. And he was looking at one of the biggest mistakes.

"Sangwoo... Do you know...? How to kill someone without killing them?" Her voice slowly morphed into yours, although his memory of it was a little hazy.

And just like that, the memory of his mother, sitting on top of him and raping him turned into you sitting on him.

But it wasn't sexy. It wasn't what he wanted. He didn't like this. Not at all.

Why were you doing this to him?

Why was he letting you?

Meanwhile, you weren't sleeping-- as if that was a shock of some sort. But the memories rumbled nevertheless.

"I'll kill you..." Sangwoo hovered over you with the knife; psychosis clear in his eyes.

"Please, Sangwoo, don't..." You looked at him tearfully from the ground.

"I'll kill you!!"

"P-P-Please!" You cried as you shut your eyes. "Sangwoo!"

"SHUT UP! Don't say anything! Don't say my name!" He looked at you hazily. "And don't say you made a mistake. Don't say you went crazy for a second. Don't say you love me if you don't mean it!"

Tears poured down his face as the trauma was reliving itself in his brain.

"I'm exhausted." He admitted, closing his eyes. "You have to understand me..."

"Stop it..." You begged. "Let me go. Please... Please! PLEASE!!"

"Never. I will never let you go." He growled.

"M-Make it quick then... I want it to be as painless as possible..." You muttered.

"...'I hope you die the most painful death possible'..." Sangwoo muttered back.

You went quiet. There was no use in blubbering as your last words. You had done your begging-- it felt like ten years of it. But there was nothing more to say. Especially to someone as psychotic as Sangwoo.

And you felt that way, you really did. But something was eating at you. The way his hand slapped the glass as you ran from him. The look on his face of devastation. Would a sociopath really be able to show that kind of look?