45: Thwack

The voice echoed off the walls, and Sangwoo briefly wondered why your were asking that. In all actuality though, it really did not matter.

"Why did you do it?!"

He felt the impatience more than he heard it and braced himself for what was to come. There was a long pause, and the air became thick with tension.

Thwack

His face whipped to the left, and he felt as his teeth savagely ripped the inner part of his cheek open. The blow received wasn't that hard, for he had received worse injuries by more aptly fit people, but the wound your nails caused was going to be irritating. He lightly ran his tongue over the torn flesh in his mouth and winced faintly at the stinging sensation.

"Someone will hear you." Sangwoo warned you. "You said that yourself. It's an apartment."

"Well, actually, you see, the best part of my apartment is the lack of other people. It's slated to be demolished in just a week or two. I've just been living here by myself, making sure it's perfect for you."

Spitting out blood, he slowly centered himself and hung his head once more. Sangwoo knew that the rest of the time spent in the cell with you was going to be unpleasant, but some part of him felt like he deserved it. This was the price of failure. The price of fucking up in the first place.

Silence dominated the room, excepting only with the hard-smacking sound of flesh hitting flesh. From your point of view the 'interrogation' had devolved into nothing more than a beating and you struggled to rein yourself back in. Questions were still being asked, but no longer did they wait for answers which you had known from the beginning wouldn't come.

His head hung lower than it had at the onset of the questioning, and bruises obscured most of his features now. Blood leaked in steady drops from freshly opened wounds on his face, and other than the slightly labored breathing that issued from partially open and swollen lips, he remained lifeless.

You considered giving a warning to Sangwoo about what would happen if he didn't comply, but mentally caught yourself before you opened your mouth.What would have been the point? He had never given you any special consideration.

Instead, you cocked your fist back and threw a punch that would have probably broken his nose if he had resisted at all.

As your fist hurled forward time seemed to slow and you were yet again an eyewitness to another reason as to why Sangwoo was a force to be reckoned with. He was not easily taken down.

With emotion and energy that seemed to surface from deep within, you began laughing.

In the three seconds it took for Sangwoo to realize what was happening, it had practically ended.