✨49✨

"A нєяσ ιѕ ѕσмєσиє ωнσ, ιи ѕριтє σf ωєαкиєѕѕ, ∂συвт σя иσт αℓωαуѕ киσωιиg тнє αиѕωєяѕ, gσєѕ αнєα∂ αи∂ σνєя¢σмєѕ αиуωαу."

Christopher Reeve

»»————-  ————-««

Ash was falling.

He was falling fast.

Ash crossed his arms over his face to brace himself for hitting the water below. He wasn't the smartest person in the world but he knew that if you hit water the wrong way from a high enough altitude, it'd be the same as landing on concrete.

He could see the ripples originating from where Charizard and Greninja must've landed. Ash knew that if Charizard's flame went out, he'd die.

Fortunately, he also knew that the flame was so powerful, not even being submerged in water would douse it so easily.

Unfortunately, Charizard was still severely lacking in the able-to-breathe-underwater area, but being a water type he knew Greninja would be fine (probably).

Ash took a deep breath just before he hit the water.

"Brrrrr, dear Arceus that's cold." Ash thought to himself as he went beneath the water.

The water was so dark from being in the cliff's shadow it seemed like it was black. Ash could hardly see anything but he knew where to go to find his Pokémon straight down.

(Back at the top)

Dark Ash was laughing like a mad man.

"I finally beat you!" Cackled the clone.

Ash's friends stared helplessly at the Cliffside.

"Does that mean Ash... lost?" Asked Bonnie softly looking at her brother.

Clemont wasn't sure what to say. Fortunately, he didn't need to say anything.

"Ash won't lose; did you forget the prophecy?" Said Gary.

The others all turned to look at him.

"What do you mean?" Asked Angie.

"Remember it said Ash had to unlock a new power, well that power is-" Replied Gary.

A/N: Sorry got to cut Gary off there, but you'll see what he was going to say real soon.

(Back with Ash in Ash's POV)

I swam, then swam, then swam some more. I had to reach them. Eventually they came into sight. Greninja and Charizard. I got myself a brief moment of relief knowing I found my Pokémon. Now we could go back up and continue fighting Dark Ash.

But what's the point? We'll just lose again. We can face an army of evil Mega Pokémon without Synchro evolution but we get our butts handed to us by a psychopath spliced with the DNA of Pokémon?

Talk about pathetic.

Suddenly I hear a familiar voice in my head.

"You aren't going to give up just like that Ash?"

It was Greninja.

The two of them looked at me as they continued to sink and were telepathically communicating with me.

"After everything we've been through. After every foe we've beaten you're going to quit just because this creep is giving you a little trouble?" Asked Charizard.