Chapter 8

Chapter 8: Anna's POV

It's been one year. One year!!

I remember that day, when Peggy and I were first transported to this dark void. And that white light.

I finally thought we were getting our of her,  but I thought wrong.

The white light soon disappeared, and something new surrounded us.

Memories. Our memories of my friends.

Stampy, Squid, Amy, Lee, Ty, Sarah, Endy, Creep, even Peggy and I.

Then they disappear. Like that light. Just like that light.

"That's what's left of them," I say.

"What's left of our memories," Peggy says.

"I know you're thinking of them," Peggy says as she sits in a corner, not making any eye contact. I don't say a word.

"I know you miss them. I do," she says, using my silence as an opportunity to continue.

"Yeah, I do. I do miss them. I miss the real world. I miss us. Our real selves. Our souls, this world, is what's left of us," I respond back. Peggy nods.

"You remember that day," Peggy says, more of a state than a question.

I chuckle to myself. "Who could forget?" I say. Peggy nods again.

"I remember, too," she says.

"I know we should forget them, forget everything, but I can't. I won't. I shouldn't," she continues, now on the verge of crying. I hug her as she continues to cry.

"We'll get out of here. I promise," I tell her.

I shouldn't have said that. That's a lie. I'll break my promise. Because I know we're trapped here. We're trapped forever.