Twelve

Alvin and Rebecca (2015)

I was so ecstatic when I learned we were having a baby boy. Rebecca and I hadn't been trying, but we were thinking about trying for a baby.

I wanted a boy, and of course, she wanted a girl.

The day Rebecca gave birth was horrid day from start to finish.

I woke up on the wrong side of bed, my feet were not greeted by my slippers but by the cold hard wood floor.

Rebecca wasn't in bed, so I must have rolled over to her side in my sleep.

I almost tripped over myself when I was walking down the stairs to make myself breakfast to go to my disgusting work. I work in a pig factory, my job is to clean up the pig guts and blood on the floor.

Rebecca had made me some toast and eggs but the only was, she can't cook. The eggs were half scrambled half fried, and the toast was burnt. But, I put on a brave face and ate my wife's food to make her happy.

When I was done, I went back upstairs to change into my uniform. A blood stained jumpsuit with my name embroidered on my right tit pocket.

I kissed the wife goodbye, and got into my smelly old truck. There were McDonalds wrappers and Taco Bell wrappers littering the floors. Rebecca sure did eat a lot of fast food but complained we eat out too much.

With Rebecca on maternity leave for the next year, we aren't making as much money as we usually do so we had to cut back on our eating out. I still make good money, but we had loads of it before Rebecca left her Journalist office for her "baby break".

My work day went by as the usual. I messed around with my friends the whole day, there were only three accidents I had to clean up, and the remainder two hours were hell.

Karen, my co-worker, was bugging me like always. She's a very beautiful blonde with puppy dog brown eyes and she's tall.

"Alvin, you're looking handsome today..." she kicked her feet up my lap.

"Yes, Rebecca my pregnant and very lovely wife told me that this morning." I rolled my eyes, trying to signal that I'm not interested.

She pulled her feet down, and scooted her chair closer to me. She smiled, and placed her hands on my lap.

"Get your damn hands off me, slender man!" I jumped up, and stormed into my boss's office. "I can't take this anymore. I have to go home."

"Karen bothering you again?" He set his pen down.

"Yes." I felt the vibration of my phone ringing in my pocket, and excused myself. It was Rebecca. "Hey baby."

"Get your ass to the hospital now! Your precious baby boy is ripping his way out of my uterus!"

"You're in labor?!"

"Yes!!"

"Okay I'm coming!" I abruptly hung up on her and ran back into my boss's office. "Rebecca's having the baby, I've gotta go!"

I ran back out, and bursted through the door of the warehouse. I ran out into the parking lot, and fumbled with my keys when I got into my trucks seat. I struggled to get the car to turn on, but I eventually did after about two minutes.

The drive to the hospital was horrible. People were slow at driving, and they wouldn't go when the light turned green. I had to eventually find the back roads to take because at the rate I was going, I would miss my baby boy's birth.

I rushed into the hospital and and looked at the text Rebecca sent me ten minutes ago. "Maternity ward room 203."

I went up the elevator four floors and found the 200's. Her room was on left, and I heard her screaming in pain in the room.

"IF YOU PUT YOUR SLIMY ELF HANDS ON ME ONE MORE TIME BELIEVE ME, WHEN MY HUSBAND GETS HERE HE WILL PERSONALLY TAKE CARE OF YOU!!!" Is what she yelled when I walked through the door.

"Okay ma'm, we have to help you deliver your baby." The doctor impatiently replied. "You need to start pushing now that your husband is here." She turned around and looked at me with her hands still at my wife's vagina. "She was holding the baby in until you got here."

"AAARRUUUGH!!!!" Rebecca screamed as she threw her head back.

I quickly rushed to her side and grabbed her hand. "Baby, just do as the doctors say and you'll be a-okay."

The doctor continued to order Rebecca around, and she yelled threatening things, but all was good when I heard my little baby boy cry.

"It's a boy!" The doctor yelled as she held the baby up. I looked over at Rebecca and smiled.

"Alvin Jr." she smiled at me.

I cut his umbilical cord, and smiled as the nurse took him away to get cleaned up. I looked over at Rebecca and saw she very very pale.

"Becca? Are you okay?" I looked by her you know what and saw she was bleeding profusely. "DOCTOR!"

She came rushing over, and everything seemed to go by in a blur as she moved around a lot.

She took me outside, and took off her mask. "I'm very very sorry, but she was bleeding too much. I did everything I could. I'm sorry."

I had to brace myself against the wall for fear I might collapse. The tears poured out of my eyes, I couldn't see correctly. "I-is my son at least okay?" I could barely get my words out. 

"Yes. He's a healthy baby boy weighing at 9 pounds."

I don't think I can do this without my beloved Rebecca.

Fin