Twenty Three

This is the last one shot.

Rosie

Rosie licked at her paw and looked out the cage. She is six months old and has been locked in this cage since she was old enough to be on her own.

She was born in a puppy mill. She doesn't know what that is, but she just wants to be adopted.

She sees nice families taking home dogs all the time, but she's never the one to be adopted. All of her siblings are gone, and she beginning to wonder if no one wants her because she's a mutt.

But when she was one year old, a man came took her. She was so overjoyed that she peed on him. She earned a punch in the gut, but she didn't care. She was so excited!!

He took her home and surprised his young girlfriend with the puppy. She was so happy to see the cute little dog.

Rosie became her baby. But, Rosie soon started to hear another heartbeat inside of Sammie. What seemed like years later, a little elf arrived in the house. Sammie and Hunter were always caught up in their own things that they forgot to feed Rosie for a week. She got locked in the shed with no food or water when she was caught stealing food from the baby.

Rosie was so happy to see her Sammie, Hunter, and Marlon when she got let out. Sammie and Hunter were yelling at each other all the time, but Rosie didn't know what about. She heard her name mentioned a couple times from Hunter accompanied by the word kill.

One day, Sammie and Hunter entered the house after being gone all day. Sammie was in a white dress, and Hunter carried her all the way up the stairs. Rosie listened at the door as they knocked stuff around.

When Marlon was finally big enough to play, and his baby sister Maeve was born, Marlon and Rosie spent most of their time together.

But, Rosie's adventure was soon going to come to an end. She slipped up, and accidentally bit Marlon's finger off. Instead of leaving it, she ate it. The police informed Sammie that she would have to put Rosie down. Rosie didn't know what that meant, but she could feel that Sammie was sad. She tried to cheer Sammie up, but Sammie pushed her away.

The next day, Sammie took her to a white room and laid her down on a bed. A man dressed in white stuck a needle in Rosie, and she soon slipped out of consciousness.

She woke up at a gold gate with a bone in the front, she was greeted by a man with a long white beard. He threw a bone over the gate, then opened it.

Rosie happily chased after the bone, and wagged her little tail. She would miss Hunter, Sammie, Marlon, and Maeve.

Fin