Fifteen

This will be a short chapter because it's a story I can't drag out like my other ones.

Kate Garcia (2017)

David and I had been trying for a baby for a couple years. I didn't really want one with David, and I'm sure David didn't want another kid deep down, but I thought it would help with our marital issues.

But then, Javier came into town. I told him no, but my heart said yes. One thing led to another and now Javier has been living with us for two years.

Javier and I have decided to try and get pregnant and once I am, I'll divorce David. I'll stick around for Gabe and Mari, and I'm sure David will be heart broken but I know he's been cheating on me.

The reason I'm in love with Javier is because I fell out of love with David the moment he started smelling like Chanel No. 5 and red stained lips.

I don't know why I haven't left him yet, I guess I just love being around the kids so much.

I took the fifth pregnancy test in the last six months. I'm getting tired of this shit. David and I trying for four years and me and Javier trying for six months yet I haven't been able to get pregnant.

I decided to make an appointment with my doctor, so I told Javier my suspicions. "Javi, I think I may be infertile." I looked down at the ground while biting my cheek trying not to cry.

"I'm sure you aren't. It takes many women a long time to get pregnant. But, it would be good to go to the doctors." Javier hugged me while he spoke.

— One Week Later —

(I don't know how fertility tests work so we're going to do it my way)

The doctor took some samples of my egg, and did an X-Ray on my uterus. She said to come back tomorrow so I did and I've been waiting.

Waiting.

Waiting.

Waiting.

Time seemed to move slow as she came out with her clip board and a solemn look on her face.

"Mrs. Garcia, it seems as though recent trauma to your uterus has caused you to be infertile. Do you know what may have caused this?"

"Yeah, when I was four I was involved in a car crash." I had to pause to stop myself from crying. "I don't remember that much but I have the scar from where a tree branch impaled my lower stomach. I guess it went through to my uterus."

"We're very sorry and we wish we could've given you some better news."

Fin