Eleven

Carlos and Sarah (2017)

Sarah just had her seventeenth birthday two days ago. No one but me wished her a happy birthday and got her a present.

I've been noticing slight changes in her appearance and attitude. She's been getting thinner, her collar bone is protruding from her skin more. Her eyes look sunken in, and her clothes look baggier than usual.

She has been more hostile in her choice of words if she speaks, but that's if she speaks. She doesn't seem to act caring and sweet towards her hamster and has been neglecting it the past month. I've been the one feeding and changing it's cage.

The house is always quiet without Sarah, though for some reason. When she gets home, she plays her soft country music on her stereo I got for her.

Sarah

School was terrible, as usual. My history teacher, Mr. Everett, tried to help me today with Sam and Vicky. Nothing helped. It made it much, much worse.

I sped home, intent on ending this torture. I ran through four stop signs, and one red light. I only made three people mad while on the road today.

I skirted into the drive, and threw open my door. I didn't bother grabbing my bag, seeing as I wouldn't need it tonight. I stormed inside, and was face to face with my father.

"Young lady, I just got off the phone with Mrs. Marsh and she said she saw you speeding down the road and run a stop sign. Who in the hell do you think you are? Do I need to take away your car privileges?"

I sighed and rolled my eyes at my father.

"Don't roll your eyes at me, Sarah. Now go to your room and don't come down until dinner time. I'll call you down when it's ready." He pointed towards the stair case, and I scoffed.

"Fine." I stomped all the way to room, and threw myself onto my bed. "FUCK YOU SAM AND VICKY!!!!" I screamed into my pillow. I started to cry, and looked up at the ceiling.

It's time.

Carlos

"Sarah if you don't get down here, I won't reheat it for you! It's been two hours since I made dinner! I know you're mad but you have to eat!" I sighed, knowing fully well Sarah wouldn't come down to eat. She has done this too many times to count.

But, I had a weird feeling about this time.

I slowly climbed the stairs, not hearing a single sound coming from Sarah's room, not even her music.

I slowly crept down the hall, my breath and the ticking of the clock the only sound in the house.

"Sarah...?" I pushed open the door, the sound creaking throughout the house. "Sarah!" I screamed.

She was hanging there, blood covering her arms and clothes. She had a cut running down her arm. I ran over to her, and pulled her down.

"Sarah...baby...answer me...please!" I yelled.

She laid, unresponsive. Her face was peaceful, but her skin was violently pale. I rocked her gently as I cried.

I looked over at the bloody knife, next to it was a crumpled up piece of paper. I grabbed it, and carefully unfolded it.

Dear Daddy,

The people at school have been telling me I'm a worthless, fat, piece of shit. I've finally started to believe them so now I'm in your arms. I never wanted to disappoint you or make you sad but I know you always wanted the best for me. So, I've chosen the best. I've been up to date on saying my prayers and I believe God will take me into his arms and father me until you can join me. Please don't dwell on me and continue being the best builder I know. I know you won't be happy without me, but I'll be happy knowing you are continuing on without me. I love you daddy, goodbye.

—Sarah

Fin

Yes people, I know in the game Carlos said he's a doctor, but personally I don't believe his bullshit. ANYONE, LITERALLY ANYONE CAN TELL A HUMAN/WALKER BITE BETWEEN A FUCKING DOG BITE!!!!