Seventeen

Javier Garcia (2017)

David has always been horrible at baseball, that's why I played the sport. David was good at working and being smart but I wasn't, so I chose this path.

But then I got expelled.

Now I'm stuck playing baseball with my niece and nephew, which I enjoy, I just miss playing professionally.

I threw the ball at Gabe, he swung. The sound of the ball on the bat was music to my ears and I smiled as Gabe ran and Mari ran after him with the ball in her hand. He slid onto first base then she touched him with the ball.

"I got you Gabe, you're out!" She yelled.

"No I'm not. My foot was on it when you touched me." He argued.

"No, I tagged you first!" Mariana crossed her arms and furrowed her brows one of her famous things she does.

"Nope. I was here first." He smirked. He loved picking fights with his sister.

"Yes!"

"No!"

"Yes!"

"Nope."

"Yes huh"

"Nuh uh."

"Guys! Let's just go home. It's getting dark anyways." I looked at the sky. I ran over and picked up the bat. Mari and Gabe ran up to the gate and opened it, Mari holding it open for me. "Thank you Mariana."

"No problem uncle Javi." She smiled.

We started down the street, the five minute walk not phasing us. We finally made it home, where Kate was waiting outside for us.

"Hey." She ruffled Gabe's hair as he walked past her to get inside. Mari followed. I looked around before placing my hand on Kate's waist. I kissed her soft lips and smiled.

"Do I get a hey?"

"Hey." She smirked and grabbed my hand. "David left for work a couple minutes ago. Wanna go to your room or mine?"

"Yours."

She led me inside and up the stairs into her room. I heard the tv from downstairs, indicating Mari and Gabe were watching tv and wouldn't be able to hear us.

We got going, our daily routine, but then the door opened and David's voice sounded. "I forgot my pho—WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON HERE? KATE? JAVI?!"

I quickly pulled on my boxers and held my hands up in defense. "David, it isn't Kate's fault. It's mine. I talked her into it. If you yell at someone, yell at me."

"You're damn right it's your fault!" He yelled.

The next thing I saw was a bat flying at my head. I fell to the ground, unable to move. But I could hear Kate screaming. "Javi! Javier! David what the fuck did you do!?"

Kate's POV (even though this isn't her story)

I watched as the police took David away in the squad car and the stretcher with the bloody, white sheet draped across my lover's body.

Fin