Eight

Lee Everett (2012)

I looked at the gun in my hands. What did I do? I ruined my life.

I looked over at Kayla. She was crying and screaming at me, "YOU SICK BASTARD!! YOU SHOT HIM!!!"

I slid down the wall, my face in my hands. I let my anger control me. I couldn't help it. I knew she was cheating, so what did I expect when I saw she was home but not in the kitchen as usual. She shouldn't have even been home yet.

I threw the gun on the floor, and put my head on my legs. I heard Kayla on the phone. "He killed him...he killed him..."

I heard the distant cry of police sirens speeding down the highway. It didn't take them long to start sounding down my street.

I heard Kayla run down the stairs when she heard the door open.

I heard around five police men storming around the house. I looked up and saw five guns pointed at my head.

I looked at the cold metal bars in front of me.

Prison sucks ass. Especially when you'll be here for 20 years. I'll be 57 when I regain my freedom again. I've already been here for five years.

But, maybe freedom can come sooner.

I looked at the bed sheets in my hands. I had tied them all together.

I stood on my bed, and looked up at the ceiling, trying to figure out where to tie this to so I can have the freedom I deserve.

I saw a crack in the ceiling, and grinned.

It took me awhile but I tied the bed sheets onto a pipe I saw when I opened the ceiling.

I said a long, strung out prayer to god. I wanted him to forgive me for all the sins I've committed in the past.

I smiled as I wrapped the bed sheet around my neck, and I jumped off the bed.

Not being able to breath was the best part. Being tortured of not having a good long breath to my lungs.

It took me awhile, but I knew when I was going to quit thrashing around.

The final thing I saw was two guards frantically trying to get my cell open.

Fin