Chapter Twelve.

"I like you." He said slowly.

"I like you too." I smiled, completely oblivious as to what term he actually meant.

"No, I mean I like you." He explained. My eyes widened and I looked at him, slightly taken back. I started laughing awkwardly. "I shouldn't have said anything." He said, resting his head into his hands. I placed my hand on his back and rubbed his back.

"No. That was really sweet of you, Carter." I smiled. He looked up at me and I gave him a kiss on the cheek. His cheeks reddened and the wheel stopped at the bottom. I climbed out of the carriage and walked over to the bench where Aaron, Nash and Cameron was sat down with Taylor and Jack. Carter came over shortly after, his face still red.

"What's up with him?" Nash frowned and looked at him. Carter was speechless and didn't say anything. Maybe he didn't want the boys to know so I stayed quiet too. Carter shrugged.

"I think we need to be heading back to the hotel. We need to practice for tonight." Aaron said. The boys all nodded and stood up from the bench.

"Do you want to come with us?" Cameron asked me. I looked around the boys and they all looked like they wanted me to go so I nodded and smiled. Taylor threw his arm over my shoulder and we all went back to the hotel.

I went to the boys room with Nash and Aaron because they needed to grab some stuff and they asked for my help. We walked in and I saw Matt, Tori, Shawn and Jack all sat down talking. "Hey." They greeted us.

Tori's smile fade slightly as she saw me. The room went silent and you could cut the tension with a knife. Jack, Matt and Shawn stood up and helped Nash and Aaron with some boxes. They exited the room so it was just myself and Tori now. I scratched the back of my neck in awkwardness and Tori stood up. She walked over to me and she hugged me. "I'm so sorry, Char." She said in my ear.

We pulled away and I looked at her. I half smiled. "So I heard about your little fight." I said, punching her playfully on the arm. "Heard you did well.."

Tori shook her head and laughed. "Learnt from the best." She said. I nodded and laughed. "C'mon, let's go." She hooked our arms together and we walked over to the door. I swung it open and Nash, Jack and Matt all fell over.

"Eavesdroppers!" I yelled. They all shrugged cowardly and I shook my head. We began walking away from the room but Shawn stopped and turned around. "What's wrong?" I asked, looking over at him whilst everybody continued walking.

"I need to get my guitar." He said. I nodded and walked over to him.

"I'll go with you." I smiled. He smiled back and we headed back to the room. He opened the door and went into the room. I held the door open whilst he grabbed his guitar case. He walked out of the room and I closed the door behind him. We began walking back down the corridor again. "So how long have you been playing for?" I gestured to the guitar.

"Around 2 years now." He nodded and smiled. I smiled too. "Yeah, I began singing when I was in elementary." He shrugged.

"Really?" I asked, quite surprised. He nodded and I smiled. "You good?" I asked.

"That's for me to know and for you to find out." He winked. I laughed as we exited the lift and walked over to the other building. The room was set up differently. It had a stage at one side of the room and no seats. There was a barricade between the stage and the rest of the room. "Come on." He said tugging my arm towards the backstage area.

We walked in and everyone that was apart of Magcon was sat there. They all looked up and I smiled. The continued doing what they were doing and Shawn removed his hand from my arm. I sat down next to Tori on the sofa and pulled out my phone as it began to beep. I unlocked it and saw that I had notifications on Twitter. I clicked on the app and waited for it to load.