Chapter Sixteen.

I watched as Tenille did the last strand of hair and smiled. She let it go and it formed a perfect curl. She sprayed my hair with a gentle layer of hairspray and grinned. "All done!" She waved a smaller mirror in front of my face to show my makeup as well. I grinned.

"Thank you so much, Tenille!" I gave her a hug as I stood up from the chair. I was wearing a black three-quarter sleeved crop top and some floral shorts and some black high heels. I had a small pastel coral clutch bag too which matched one of the colours on my shorts.

"No problem, Hun." She grinned and placed her makeup back into her makeup bag.

Ben stuck his head around the corner. "You look so grown up." Ben complimented. I shrugged and smiled. "Do you need a lift to the hotel or the restaurant?" He asked.

I shook my head. "No it's okay." I reassured. "I'll walk."

"You're not walking in the dark!" He exclaimed. I laughed. "Are you meeting everyone there or at the hotel?" He asked.

"There." I answered.

"Okay." He said. "We'll give you a ride to Nandos because myself and Tenille are going out for a celebration meal at Le Poulet et Riz." He begins to shimmy and I laugh, so does Tenille.

The Chicken and Rice.

Nice restaurant name.

Sounds fancy.

"Not if you do that in public." She teases.

"Rude." Ben pouts. Tenille laughs and kisses him on the cheek.

"What about Harper?" I asked.

Tenille turned around to look at me. "The next door neighbours daughter is looking after her." She shrugged and smiled.

"Are you ready to go now?" Ben asked. I checked the time. 8:23 PM. We're meant to be meeting there at 8:30 PM. I'm going to be late but it's okay. I always am. I nodded and Ben grabbed his keys before interlocking his hand with Tenille's and exiting the house. I grabbed my keys and phone before leaving the house and closing the door behind me. I walked over to the car and climbed in. I sat in the back and Ben set off. Tenille turned the radio on, triggering Ben to start singing/rapping. "These hoes ain't loyal. I wasn't born last night. I know these names ain't right. But I w-"

I just cancelled the noise coming from Ben's mouth. I rolled my eyes as he tried to sing really well. Tenille was staring at him, speechless. She couldn't mentally form a sentence whereas I couldn't help but laugh.

The car ride took about 20 minutes instead of 10 because Ben took a wrong turn due to belting out Demi Lovatos' Neon Lights. Whatever. I climbed out of the car and grabbed my clutch bag that had everything in. I walked in and saw everybody sat down. I waved to them before walking over to the bar to order a drink. A young man, no older than 20, walked over and winked. "What can I get you, babe?" He asked.

I blushed. "I'll just have a coke please." I smiled. He winked again and he grabbed bottle of coke and opened it before pouring the contents into a glass and putting a straw in. He placed it on the side and typed something into the cash register.

"That'll be $2.50, beautiful." He requested. I felt my cheeks getting warmer as I looked through my purse.

I handed him a $20 note. "Sorry that's all I've got." I said, apologetically.

He chuckled. "That's no problem." He winked. "Maybe with the rest of the money we could go out some time. Get some drinks. We could...um...do other things too." He said leaning against the bar. I scoffed loudly and looked at him.