Chapter 14

KimKardashian: Kandice and I sporting the new KKW Dusty Rose collection for @KKWBeauty

4,000,000 likes ~ 13,000 comments 

---

I take a small sip of my drink as I wait for Kourtney to get off her phone. During my brunch with my sisters, I expressed that I wanted to get Jose a gift. Naturally, Kylie suggested that I get him a car but if Jose goes on tour, the car will not be used.

I wanted to get him something that would hold great meaning since he means the world to me. He gifted me with this beautiful engagement and I want to repay the favor so I invited Kourtney out with me.

We've been shopping for hours, I've been in several stores and bought multiple clothing for Jose but nothing that is of equal value as the ring. 

"Are you done?" I moan as I chuck my drink away, "All the shops will be closed by the time you are done with your phone

"Are you done?" I moan as I chuck my drink away, "All the shops will be closed by the time you are done with your phone."

She flips me off as she hangs up the phone. I look around to see if any of the paparazzi caught it as I pretend to pull a sad face just for the fans amusement.

I can already see the media labeling Kourtney as the big bad wolf.

"What does your man like?" Kourtney asks as we walk down Rodeo Drive. "By the way you should really bring him down for a family dinner. We literally haven't had time with him since you guys got back together."

"He's a real simple guy." I answer with a blank look on my face. "That's why it's a struggle."

"Have you thought about giving him a kid?"

"I'll get him a custom ring." I say while ignoring her question.

"No way." She grabs my arm then attempts to pull me to face her. "Kandice look at me."

I sigh before turning to face her.

"Are you pregnant?"

---

I flip my hair as the paparazzi snap pictures of my mom and I but really gets them going is when they catch sight of Kim walking out after us.

I watch as my future hubby gets out of his car and walks over to me, taking me in his arms. 

We kiss for a few minutes before pulling away

"When will you announce the engagement?" My mother asks as soon as we enter the venue.

"Mom!" I whine before looking at Jose. "Good question though."

"I just don't think it's right yet." Jose answers as he wraps his arm around my waist. "I don't want the whole world knowing yet especially since we haven't really had time to process and enjoy this moment."

"I understand but you do realise that it's a big deal and once everyone finds out then it will be an even bigger deal." Kim comments as we take our seats at the event.

"I know that but I want this wedding for us, not the media." He responds with a slightly annoyed look.

"It's fine guys, when we are ready then everyone will know." I quietly say, trying to keep the peace.

"But you aren't able to wear your ring. The only time you wear it is when you're at home and you are barely home." Kim argues and mother agrees. "I know that you would love to be wearing your ring right now and showing off this moment because it is your moment."

Jose gives me a look, "Is this true?"

I don't answer him and he shakes his head while looking away.

"Look Jose, it's her first engagement. It's not that she wants to tell the world but she wants to be to talk about her engagement with her friends without feeling as if she's going against your wishes. She wasn't even going to tell us until I walked in on her with the ring on. The kids don't even know that she is engaged and it's sad that we really can't celebrate that." My mom tries to put my point across but it's only pissing Jose off.

"Let's just focus on the event." I conclude before turning to face the stage.

---

  "Smile peasants." Kourtney says, I look up only for her to take a picture. 

"Why do you look so moody?" Khloe asks as she finishes pulling her pants up over her growing stomach

"The event was so terrible last night." I say while rubbing my face. "Mom and Kim were going on about me showing my ring and J wasn't impressed. We didn't even sleep in the same room when we got back."

"Wow." Khloe looks at sympathetically.

"What did they say to him?" Kourtney asks.

"Just saying how it's not fair that I don't get to wear my ring and talk about my engagement. I get where they are coming from because it is true," I shrug, "but at the same time I get that he doesn't want our engagement to be a media circus."

"So, he didn't talk to you the whole ride home?" I nod and Khloe scoffs, "What a dick."

"You guys really need to work on your communication skills. If you want to wear your ring publicly and not talk about this then discuss it with your man because you look so unhappy right now." Kourtney says as she gives me a look. "This is meant to be the happiest time of your life and you look like a miserable cow."

"I'm fat?" I look at myself self consciously through the mirror before adjusting the blazer to cover my stomach. 

"Figure of speech." Khloe confirms and I roll my eyes.

"That nobody says."

"Anyways, following on from that you didn't answer my question." I narrow my eyes at Kourtney and Khloe laughs.

"She's totally preggo."