(2) "His name is Ace!"

Murdoc had his eyes glued to the clock. 2:45. Stuart always came at 1:00. Every day since the bassist stepped foot into prison, Stu had showed up at 1:00 and they had their talk. The bassist continued to wait for another hour before giving up, figuring that the singer wasn't coming.

It was another week before Murdoc's usual call came, and when Stuart did show up, he seemed rushed. They talked for five minutes at the most, nonsense stuff about how they were and how the band's doing. And that was it. For the next month, 2D would sporadically show up -once a week at best - and they would have a quick chat. Until Stu seemed to stop coming all together. Murdoc would sit waiting in his cell, for a call that he knew wouldn't be coming.

It had been two months since him and 2D last talked when Murdoc got a call. He stood up and walked to the little booth hesitantly, trying to decide if it was even worth it to go. Ultimately he did, as he knew any time with Stu was worth it. He sat behind the glass, looking though at the singer. But he wasn't alone. Behind Stuart the bassist recognized a familiar face. The long nose, angled glasses, green skin, he knew exactly who stood tall behind him. Ace Copular. Yes, it was Ace, but in Murdoc's favorite leather jacket.

Murdoc held the phone to his ear, doing his best to ignore the man behind his singer. "Been quite a while, hasn't it?" He wanted to pretend he didn't care, but it was pretty hard for him to do so.

"S-Sorry Mudz. I lost track of time, recording songs, shooting music videos. But the albums really coming along! Almost done with it. I really am sorry though. I-I know I should have come more often." 2D tilted his head down, chewing on his bottom lip. This almost made Murdoc feel guilty for even bringing it up.

"It's alright, Dents. I've got a hearing tomorrow though, you'll be there right?" Murdoc looked at the singer hopefully. If he really stood a chance at getting out, he wanted Stuart to be there when he did.

"Of course!" A smile came across 2D's face. Suddenly, he gasped and his eyes lit up. He turned around, pulling on the leather jacket of the man behind him. "I almost forgot! This is our new bassist! His name is Ace!" Ace looked down at Murdoc, grinning and taking the phone from 2D.

"We already know each other, Stewie. Long time no see, huh? Not that I'm surprised to see you here." Ace's nickname for the singer made the bassist's blood boil.

"Ello Ace. I'd say it's nice to see you but uh..well..it's not." Murdoc stood up, gesturing for 2D to take the phone back, which he did. "I gotta go Stu, I'll see you tomorrow, yeah?" Stuart nodded and the satanist hung up, walking back to his cell. He laid on the bunk, and all he could think about was what he was gonna do to Ace when he got out. If he got out.