(5) "I can worry about myself."

The next day, Murdoc did his best to avoid Ace. He didn't think it was worth it to get into a fight at this point, but he still knew that if the new bassist started something, he would finish it. Anyways, the satanist was going to spend the day getting new instruments with Stu. Ace was at some lousy interview. Murdoc was excited to have 2D all to himself. Early in the afternoon, the blunette knocked gently on his door.

"Murdoc, you ready to go?" Stuart had a smile plastered to his face.

The bassist pulled on his leather jacket and answered the door. "Yeah, I'll drive." He took the keys from the hook in front of the door and walked outside. "So, uh, how've you been Stu? Like, just you. Not the band. I know we talked and stuff, but it was mostly about me." Murdoc got into the drivers seat of the car and started it.

"Good, I think. My headaches are getting better and I'm having a lot of fun hanging out with Ace." The satanist rolled his eyes, but made sure Stuart didn't see. "I'm doing real good, Mudz." A smile came across the taller mans face. Murdoc wanted to feel happy for Stu, but the comment about Ace consumed his mind. He was only refocused when he saw the music shop up the road.

Stuart ran inside, making conversation with the employees. He actually cared what instruments they bought, while Murdoc was really just there for the ride. They only stayed for about an hour before the singer had picked out everything he wanted. The bassist paid and got everything into the car. As Stuart was buckling his seatbelt, Murdoc grabbed onto his wrist. He really didn't want to say anything, but his thoughts were tearing him up inside.

"Dents, I don't think you should be spending time with Ace." 2D looked genuinely shocked.

"What? Why?"

"I don't see him as a good influence on you. I used to know him, and he's really not a good guy." Murdoc looked into Stuart's eyes. "I'm just worried about you, alright? And I don't want you getting hurt."

"Don't be silly, Mudz. He's really nice to me and he's great in the band. I can worry about myself."

"I know you can. But I see things in him that you're too naive to see. He's going to be gone soon anyway. I'm taking my band back." Murdoc started the car, leaning back against his seat.

"I know, I know. But there's still a couple months left in his contract so you're gonna have to deal with him until then. Just please don't fight, okay? My nightmares have really been getting better and I don't need you two causing anymore."

The satanist understood why Stu said this, but it stung him a little. He hated to feel like he was causing 2D pain. "Yeah, alright." They drove the rest of the way home in silence, just in time for you know who to pull in before them.