(13) "What's going on?"

Stu stayed in his room for a while, trying to convince himself that the accident wasn't his fault. He failed. He told himself that if he had just done what Murdoc wanted, it wouldn't have happened. This caused tears to stream down his face, and eventually his cried himself to sleep.

When Stuart woke up, he decided he should go check on Murdoc. It was pretty late at night, and he hadn't seen him in a while. He slowly opened his door, not wanting to awake any of his band mates. He shuffled his feet as he walked into the living room, and he looked toward the couch. He froze in his tracks when he saw him. Well, them. Ace was crammed onto the couch next to Murdoc, and their lips were together.

"What...What's going on?"

- Earlier -

Murdoc slept through the day, still on the couch when the sky was dark. Ace went into the living room, planning to watch a movie before bed when he saw the bassist. He groaned, rolling his eyes.

"Pathetic..." He squatted down next to sleeping man, looking at the cut across his forehead. His head snapped toward the hallway when he heard a door creak open, and he recognized it as Stuart's. All the sudden, an idea sprung into his head. He pushed Murdoc over, almost on top of him. When he heard 2D's footsteps get closer, he pressed his lips against the satanist's.

Murdoc's eyes opened when he heard Stu. "What...What's going on?" He could feel someone pressed against him, and he tried to focus in the dark. Is that...Ace? Murdoc shoved his arms forward, pushing Ace off. He looked over at 2D, who had tears welling up in his eyes.

"Dents, I don't know w-" Stuart ran into his room, not giving the satanist a chance to finish. "What the fuck was that Ace?"

The new bassist only smirked evilly, wiping his mouth with his forearm. "If I can't have him, what makes you think I'm gonna let you?" Murdoc went to swing at Ace, but he was too weak. Ace caught his arm with ease, using his free hand to pin the satanist down by the neck. "You are disgusting. He doesn't want you. And he never will." Ace squeezed hard then let go, walking to his own room.

Murdoc breathed heavily, standing up as quickly as he could. His body was screaming, but he made his way to Stuart's room. He couldn't lose him. Not this time.