(22) "Of course." {END}

— ——————  A Month Later  ————————

Stuart sat in his room, absentmindedly running his fingers over his keyboard. He'd been doing a lot better since the...accident. Things finally felt like they were going okay. A soft knock echoed through his room. "Come in."

Murdoc cracked opened the door, a gentle smile on his face. In his hand was a small plate with a sandwich, and he set it down on 2D's bedside table. "Hey, how ya feeling?"

Stu smiled back at the bassist, hearing the question he was asked every day since he was in the hospital. "I'm good. Thanks." He crossed his legs, and patted the spot on the bed next to him. Murdoc sat down, nervously tugging at a thread hanging off his shirt.

"So, I was wondering.." He trailed off, and it seemed like he was regretting what he was about to say.

"Yeah?" Stuart's friendly smile reassured him.

"Russel and Noodle and, uh, I, were gonna go see a movie today. If you wanted to come. You don't have to or anything, I just thought I'd ask cause-"

"I'd love to." 2D's soft voice cut him off, and he nodded. "I'd love to go, Mudz." A wave of relief washed over the satanist, and his faces relaxed.

"Great! Uh..yeah. Great. It's in an hour, is that ok?" Stuart nodded again, and Murdoc smiled and got up to leave. Before he could, he felt the gently grasp of his singer on his wrist.

"Murdoc wait!" The man stopped in his tracks, turning back to Stu. "Thank you. For...inviting me." The action seemed unnecessary, but Stuart wanted to say it anyway. An almost peace offering in his eyes.

"Of course, Dents." Murdoc smiled wide and left the room. He went into his own, getting ready to leave. The satanist knew things with Stuart were going slow. But they were going. And to him, that's all that ever mattered.

END