(17) "Murdoc?"

A couple hours later, Stu walked up to the front door after coming home from the store. He had went out to get groceries while Murdoc slept. He pushed the door open, setting the plastic bags down on the counter. He excitedly went to the satanist's room, having missed him while he was out. He gently knocked on the door, receiving no answer. "Mudzzzzz...you awake?" Still no answer, so he slowly creaked open the door. The bed was empty. "Murdoc?"

2D went into the dark room, flicking on the lights. No sign of Murdoc anywhere. The only trace left of him was the half drank beer on the bedside table. Wait. Could he drink on his medication? Stuart grabbed the orange bottle from the nightstand, reading the label. His eyes widened. In bold letters read, DO NOT MIX WITH ALCOHOL. But that wasn't all, above this was the dosage, which Stu neglected to read earlier. It said: take one pill every 6 hours. One pill? 2D has given the bassist four. His heart pounded in his chest. Was he gonna almost kill the man again?

Stuart felt like he couldn't breathe. What should he do? Check the bar? The hospital? The morgue? How on earth was he supposed to find Murdoc? Just then, he his phone vibrated in his pocket. It was just Russel checking in, but the sudden realization that he had his phone knocked the sense back into him. He could track the bassist!

When the band got new phones, they all got onto the same plan. That meant the cloud was connected, and 2D could view exactly where Murdoc's phone was. He prayed to god he had it with him. He logged into the device, chewing on his nails as he waited for it to load. When it finally did, he could see that the satanist was a couple streets away, at some apartment complex. Stu thought this was weird, but he was thankful that he knew where he was. He grabbed his jacket and headed back out the door.