14

unknown- have you made your decision?

i gulp and look at my phone. my time is up and i have to tell that person what i've decided to do.

either i kill my brother or my girlfriend. i have done nothing but think for the last three days. how could i kill either one of them.

martinus- yes i have.

i close my eyes and take a deep break to keep a tear from escaping my eye. what have i gotten myself into? what if we all just leave the country? there has to be someone in china who wants to take care of us.

yea, i'm just gonna tell everyone to pack their bags and leave. there's no way that psycho can hurt us there.

i could just ignore them but i don't want marcus to get hurt again.

unknown- and?

martinus- i'm gonna do it.

unknown- good boy.

"martinus, are you okay?" marcus asks. i bite my lip and nod.

"yea. thanks." i say. marcus doesn't look like he completely believes me but he doesn't say anything.
-
it's getting late and i'm getting nervous. my hands are getting sweatier by the minute even tho i keep wiping them to my pants.

i take out my phone slowly. one new message from that so called unknown. they told me to go to that cliff near my house and take the victim with me.

"marcus!" i yell. nothing. i check his room, he's not there. oh god, where is he? i have to go soon.

i dial marcus' phone number on my phone. it rings a few times until he finally picks up.

"where are you?" i ask. my voice is kinda shaking but i try to hide it as well as i can.

"i'm out with disa, why?" he asks.

"uh, nothing. i love you." i say quietly.

"martinus, are you okay? should i come home?" marcus asks with worry in his voice.

"no! i just-" i start. "nothing." i sigh.

"well, i love you too man. i have to go but call me immediately if you feel like something's up." marcus says. i say bye to him and end the call.

i didn't even think about disa. she's her best friend. and adrian.

i take a deep breath. i have to do this. clear your head martinus. unless you want your brother to die you have to kill the girl you love.

wait, do i really love her. i think i do. i punch my fist to the wall and then let out a small groan cause it hurts.

i get interrupted by a knock on my door. it has to be her. astrid. i open the door. she looks so beautiful. i pull her in for a tight hug.

"martinus is everything okay?" she asks.

"yes, i love you." i mumble.

"i love you too." she whispers sounding a bit confused.