Ch. 39

Hermione was shocked to walk into her office Monday morning after Blaise and Ginny's wedding to find Draco standing there, a large smile on his face.

"Good morning, love!" He said happily as he scooped her up into his arms and twirled her around.

"Draco!" She laughed through her surprise and when he set her down she fixed her hair before asking, "What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be at work?"

"Yes, I should, but..." He grinned at her. "I remember promising you a vacation after everything was over."

She looked at him in shock. "I wasn't expecting it to be this soon after!"

He smiled. "Well, it is! I've already packed your clothes and had your cases covered, so you are not getting out of this!"

She started to protest but he quickly silenced her with a kiss. "Now, I know I was supposed to let you pick but I decided to go ahead and pick for us, as an early wedding present."

"Where?" Hermione asked curiously.

"You'll see!" He gestured behind them towards her desk where two bags sat, as well as a large, old key that was set in the middle of her desk.

"But what about the cats?" She asked worriedly.

He laughed. "Blaise and Ginny have already agreed to check on them, and you know they have the auto-refilling bowls."

"Draco, I can't just leave my cases-"

"I already told you," He said reassuringly. "I had your cases covered. And we're only going to be gone for a week."

She frowned still. "But-"

"Love, the portkey is going to be going off any minute," He said calmly, grabbing the large key from her desk and slinging both of their bags over his shoulders. "Grab the key."

She sighed and took the other end that was held out to her, bracing herself for the horrible sensation. As if a hook had grabbed her by the back of her clothes, she was thrust away from her office, swirling through the air. She clenched her eyes shut and waited to get to their destination, wishing for the horrible dizzying sensation to end.

Her feet landed on what sounded like wood and she let out a breath, hesitating to open her eyes. She heard Draco laugh and say, "It's okay, we're here! Open your eyes, sweetheart."

She did carefully, squinting as the brightness hit her eyes

She did carefully, squinting as the brightness hit her eyes. She was standing in a large, open living room with the sunlight pouring in from the floor-to-ceiling windows. The floor was a light brown wood that covered the entire area from the kitchen out to the deck. Hermione dropped her hold on the key and slowly walked out to the deck, looking around in wonder.

"Draco, this is absolutely beautiful!" She breathed, looking back at him and smiling.

"And it's all ours," He smiled in return, walking up behind her and wrapping his arms around her waist and kissing her head. "I had it built shortly after the manor and have been saving it for our honeymoon, but I thought it was well-deserved right now."