Underneath the porchlight

The lighting in the room from Shawn's excessive amount of candles was ambient and relaxing, sweet aromas swirling in the air

The lighting in the room from Shawn's excessive amount of candles was ambient and relaxing, sweet aromas swirling in the air. The room was dark to set the mood of the scary movie night the two of you were having which really just consisted of Shawn forcing you to watch Scream 3 times in a row. Over your bodies were 4 different blankets laying on top of each other, trapping in the heat to warm you up, but Shawn knew that was never enough for you, so your back was pressed to his chest, arm draped lazily over you and his legs tangled with yours.

You and Shawn's relationship was a complicated one- You'd been his best friend since you were teenagers, but both of you knew that there was something there. Something seemed to give him away every time, whether it was how his eyes glimmered when he looked at you, or how he laughed at even your corniest jokes, or how he held you a little closer every time a scare would happen, as if you hadn't already known the scare was coming from the last 2 times you watched the movie that same night.

Shawn noticed the way you admired him too, but he kept his mouth shut, and not even he himself knew why. He had known you liked him for sure when you drunk-told him 2 years back and forgot about it the next morning, but he still held the words close to his heart. He wanted so badly to spill his guts out to you, to tell you what you already knew, but he supposed it was his insecurities that would always get in the way.

A soft snore pulled him from his daze and he blinks, looking down at your peacefully sleeping body below him. And as much as he loved this sight and would love to keep you here for the rest of his life, he knew that you had class in the morning and had to leave.

You're slowly waking up when you hear Shawn gently humming in your ear, hand drawing soothing circles on your waist.

"Hun, it's really late." He whispers, your tired eyes meeting his concerned ones. "You need to go so you're not super tired for class. Can you drive or do you want me to drop you off?"

"I'm awake enough to drive," You mutter, rubbing at your eyes and sniffing, "But I don't want to leave."

"My house, my rules."

You roll your eyes at him and he mentally curses himself out when your warm body separates from his, standing up to stretch. He gets up as well and walks you to the door, helping you shrug on your light jacket to face the coldness outside.

Shawn opened the door and ushered you through, leaning his body against the doorway.

"Jeez," You snickered, turning back around to face him with a smirk. "You're really trying to get rid of me, huh?"

"I wish you knew how wrong you are about that." Shawn mumbles and looks down at the ground, his feet tapping idly out of nerves. "But you have school. That comes first before me."

You only give him a gentle smile and hug yourself through your jacket, rocking back and forth on your toes. "So when am I gonna see you again, stranger?"

Shawn looks back up at you and for a second his breath catches in his throat at how beautiful you look even under the poor lighting of his porch light. Everything about you was stunning to him.

"Shawn?"

"Oh, sorry." He blinked rapidly, finding it hard to keep eye contact with her. "Uh, are you going to Josh's party tomorrow night? If so, I'll see you tomorrow?"

"I wasn't planning to, but.." You sigh, rolling your eyes playfully. "I guess I'll go and fulfill my duties as your wing-woman."

You don't know why you said that, and Shawn doesn't know why either. You both know that playing Shawn's wing-woman never works because he's always too focused on you to even consider anyone else. However, Shawn let's this slide, changing the subject before he accidentally spills.

"Remember when Josh threw up on that girl that one time?" Shawn chuckled, crossing his arms. You grimace and he continues, "Hopefully we don't repeat that tomorrow."

You laugh and shake your head, pocketing your hands. "As long as everyone keeps the alcohol down, I think we should be okay."

"Especially you. You're an awful drunk."

"Am not!" You exclaim, a playful look of disbelief plastered to your face. "I can hold alcohol way better than you."

Shawn rolls his eyes and snickers, "All I do when I'm drunk is blank out, maybe start singing or dancing like everyone else. But you, you're strange. You go into some weird catatonic state and start telling everyone your darkest secrets. You have no idea how many times I've had to stop you from exposing yourself to everyone."

"Oh shut up, that only happened like 3 times, you jerk. And I'm sure whatever secrets I do tell aren't drastic enough to worry about."

"One is." Shawn whispers just loud enough for you to hear.

"And what's that one?"

"That you like me."

As soon as Shawn finishes speaking he's whipping his head up to watch your expression. Instead of the shocked, maybe embarrassed expression he was expecting to get, your face remained stationary, a lopsided grin on your lips.

"I guess the level of drastic-ness is up for interpretation on that one," You stare straight into his eyes, "I mean, assuming you already knew that I've liked you for a while now."

Shawn lets out a breath of relief and nods, "I did. And I'm assuming you know I like you too."

Suddenly the doorway isn't just a doorway. It's a barrier, separating him and you, denying you of what you both wanted. He's looking down at you and you're looking back up at him with those big eyes he loves so much, and his mind must have been tired of the idleness, as before he can even think he's leaning forwards, connecting your lips.

This is not a first kiss. It's passionate, it's soft, it's exactly what they both craved and then some. It was beautiful, the way your hands cupped his cheeks and his arms wrapped around your waist to keep you still. You both tasted like a mix of all of the candy you'd just binged, and you never wanted this feeling to end.

Shawn is the first to pull away, resting his nose on yours, his breathing heavy. A perpetual smile graces both of your faces and Shawn's large hands place themselves atop of yours on his face, attempting to lace your fingers together.

"Hey, it's uh.. It's getting pretty cold out there." Shawn mutters after a while, opening his eyes to look into yours. "You should come back inside where it's warm, I have this great movie we could watch."

"Shawn, for the love of God, I'm not watching Scream again."

————————

I rly like this one I think it's cute also credit to Stockholmshawn on tumblr.