The Story

Shawn is on Jimmy Fallon's Tonight Show, and he's really nervous because it is his first time on the show being interviewed, since he's only been a musical guest before. You're in LA, while Shawn is in New York for press. Shawn texted you when he finished filming the show earlier that evening.

I told the story of when we first met.
When he had texted, you were busy going through scripts with your agent, so you weren't able to reply right away.

But when the show came on later on that evening, you made sure to sit down to watch it. You were of course planning to watch it anyway, but knowing Shawn told the story made you a little nervous to know what everyone will think when they hear it.

When Shawn comes on the screen, you cant help the smile that crosses your face. They speak for a few moments, covering a variety of small topics before Jimmy brings you up. "So, you're dating y/n y/l/n, right?" Jimmy questions Shawn.

Shawn smiles widely, and nods, "Yes, we're dating. We've been together for nearly a year now."

"Where did you two meet?" Jimmy asks, and Shawn's cheeks turn the slightest shade of pink.
"We uh, we actually met at a concert."

"Like backstage?" Jimmy questions, obviously wanting to hear some sort of explanation.

Shawn catches the hint and responds, "No, its actually a really funny story. So we were at this concert, and we're up on this riser with some other artists, you know. And I saw y/n, and I'll be honest I got really excited because I was a big fan of her, I mean, I'm still a big fan of her, but at the time I didn't know her personally and I really wanted to meet her. I walked over to her. And her back was toward me, so I reached out to touch her side to get her attention, which I know now you just don't do in a situation like that. Her six foot six, three hundred pound security guard." Shawn makes some sound effects and then demonstrates the way that your security guard had forced his hands behind his back. And you can't help but laugh. "Next thing I know, I'm like in the middle of this concert with my arm hooked behind my back, and y/n's security guard has me at his mercy. And y/n turns around, and I'm like oh no. And in my eyes, I know I was like y/n, please help me. And luckily, even though we hadn't met, she recognized me and came over and told her guard it was okay." Shawn continues, finishing the story of how you met, and how he was very embarrassed at the time.

You pick up your phone, calling Shawn as the interview winds down.
"Hey baby," He picks up on the second ring.

"Hi Shawn, I'm watching your interview with Jimmy."
"Oh god, sorry I told the story. it just happened." He responds.

You laugh at this, "I thought it was a good interview. And you know I like the story."
"Yeah, because it makes Gerald seem like a badass. What about me?" He questions, jokingly.

"You're a badass too, babe." You reassure him. "He was just doing his job."
"I didn't appreciate him at the time, but I do now. He likes me now, I think. And I'm glad he's there to protect you when I'm not."

"Yeah, he likes you now. So how did it go? You were nervous, huh."
"You could tell?" He questions.

"Just a little bit, but I told you it would be fine." You're a lot more experienced at interviews like those, since you've been doing them since you were pretty young. Shawn had come to you for advice and you had tried to help him out as much as you could, but there was only so much for you to say. Mostly, you're just glad that its over now.

"Yeah, it was nerve wracking. I don't get how you've done so many of those, they're way worse than regular interviews."

"You get used to it, and really, you did great, babe. It was a good interview."

"Thanks," He says, genuinely appreciating your praise. You talk to him for a few more minutes, before forcing yourself to say goodbye because you know its late in New York and he would stay up talking to you if you didn't end the call and tell him to go to bed.